Lower windscreen misting up outside?

Molnboman

Reaction score
Anyone solve the mystery of why the outside lower of my windscreen is condensating up badly in the evenings. My aircon is working and is cold enough not sure if it is the unusually warm evenings ( 24c ) here versus the chilled interior. Can anyone throw me a bone here?

cheers
A

The scuttle area where the battery sits is full of water, there are two bungs that can be done away with under the battery area.

It'll be down to the humid / damp atmosphere.
With you having the aircon on and prob blowing through the windscreen vent it'll make the condensation collect on the outside.
The colder the glass the more condensation.
Mine has done it a couple of times over the last couple of months and I have it on auto 99% of the time, hope this helps.

It'll be down to the humid / damp atmosphere.
With you having the aircon on and prob blowing through the windscreen vent it'll make the condensation collect on the outside.
The colder the glass the more condensation.
Mine has done it a couple of times over the last couple of months and I have it on auto 99% of the time, hope this helps.

Jimbo is spot on. Mine does it too.
Try having only the down (lower vents) on and it should stop. It will only happen when it's hot sticky and humid.

Regards

Marty:blackrs4:

Hot humid air goes to the coldest place to condensate.

In a bathroom it's a toilet cistern.

Cheers Lads....I will give the down vent job a go......who would have thought hot and humid temperatures in Sweden! ***!.....What have we done to our planet! hahaha
As for the battery area theory.....it's been dry as a bone up here since January and the car is garaged overnight so almost 99.9% sure there is no water there.

Thanks for all the replies.

BR
A

Cheers Lads....I will give the down vent job a go......who would have thought hot and humid temperatures in Sweden! ***!.....What have we done to our planet! hahaha
As for the battery area theory.....it's been dry as a bone up here since January and the car is garaged overnight so almost 99.9% sure there is no water there.

Thanks for all the replies.

BR
A

A car we had in the workshop yesterday just after it had rained. It was extremely humid and I had the air con on screen. You'll notice it did the side windows too

2014 08 05 1252472014 08 05 125234

Ours did this a few times here and there during our trip down to Spain last week, aircon was running and the condensation was outside. No water in my battery compartment either.