BH's Sepang Blue Audi S3 Saloon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same experience when trying to buy my S3 from a main dealer, I was in the same boat, big deposit wanting to place an order right now. They couldn't care less. I suspect they have quotas of the lower volume cars like S and RS models, and they can sell their quota at RRP so if you mention a discount they go cold very quickly. Even if that's true it doesn't explain the almost rude level of disinterest I got.

I'm not defending the sales guys but there are a lot of people who will spend ages trying to make a decision on buying a car. I know a chap who's spent well over a year going round to dealerships, test driving cars and getting prices etc. and still hasn't made a decision. I suppose you could call them time wasters but I guess some people like to take there time when buying a car (or anything for that matter).

So on that basis its difficult for the sales people to gauge what the potential buyer is after, let's face it, no one likes a sales call when it's not expected.

Guess it depends on the dealer and their targets etc. I had Audi chasing me for my order, called me a few times before I plaved my order. Even whilst I was ordering the A3 I had another salesman at the same dealership chasing me if I was still interested in a TT I had test drove the previous month. But then with BMW, I requested a test drive - heard nothing and then I lost interest to bother chasing. A few months later they called asking if I was still interested, but I told them it was too late as I'd already ordered my A3 :p

Reactions: Blackwhite
I'm not defending the sales guys but there are a lot of people who will spend ages trying to make a decision on buying a car. I know a chap who's spent well over a year going round to dealerships, test driving cars and getting prices etc. and still hasn't made a decision. I suppose you could call them time wasters but I guess some people like to take there time when buying a car (or anything for that matter).

So on that basis its difficult for the sales people to gauge what the potential buyer is after, let's face it, no one likes a sales call when it's not expected.

This is absolutely true, and describes me pretty well to be honest!
I don't like going in blind as it were and want to make sure I make the right choice for such a long term purchase. However, even though it'll be months before I sign anything, the guys at Tetbury Audi have been very accommodating. From the start I've been upfront that I'm just looking for now, and that's not put them off helping me at all

Status
Not open for further replies.