jimmyb592

Reaction score
Hey, ice just signed up so thought I should introduce myself. I'm James, 28 the old mechanic from Suffolk.

I have been been searching for the right a4 for a while and finally got myself a tidy avant. Its a 2005 (54) avant sport 1.9 tdi with 109k on the clock with full grey leather. To say I'm happy with it is an understatement. I've always owned sporty petrols so the fuel economy is something that I'm not used to haha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409701350109802

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409701360226386

There are a few areas I would like to get some attention on but otherwise I'm happy.

I plan on getting it remapped to release a few more ponies from under the bonnet as the idea is this will be to tow my track car :)
I also want to change the wheels but unable decide which style to go for. Rs6/sline or s4?

Reactions: Cobra88
Nice looking car. You doing any visual mods to it at all?

@ louis_123 - only a set of wheels abs mayb a mile drop. Would love some 3dsm's and coilovers but its too nice to drive in std form lol

Yeah which 3sdm's? Hmmm mine was nice to drive standard but it feels more planted now it's on coilovers :)

Hi Jimmy, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice car, i hope you enjoy it. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Great looking avant mate,go for the s4's....... I have:)
And welcome to asn!

I've got a soft spot for the new 0.08's but they are only available in 20" so they are well out the question haha. I would like some 0.01's

Welcome aboard Jimmy, nice Avant. Look forward to ya mods. The is plenty of us in ere with modded Avant's so shout up and we will be happy to help.

Reactions: louis_123 and WOLF
Welcome......Looks very tidy the avant and as mentioned there are lots of things you can do.

First mod after nearly 1 month

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410704550607726

8x19" rs6 wheels. Will given them a refurb and a couple new tyres and get them on :)

Those will fill the arches much better than the 17's, but you might want to think about some B5 perches at the very least, or your going to get altitude sickness from the arch gap up front on 19's.

Reactions: ruffrida
Those will fill the arches much better than the 17's, but you might want to think about some B5 perches at the very least, or your going to get altitude sickness from the arch gap up front on 19's.
Yeh I'm with jim in this 1. Makes a massive difference

Lookin at some eibach sportlines I think. Had them on my clio 182 and they gave a good balance over looks, handling and comfort

Reactions: louis_123
Trial fitted the rs6's this eve. Need to get some new wheel bolts though as my standard ones only just reach the hub after going through the wheel and disc.

How much do I need to lower it by? I don't want it stupid low but that arch gap needs to be closed up. Otherwise they fill the arches nicely

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410814782815381

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410814791249105

Won't be needing spacers that's for sure :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410814801248879

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410814809348420

Arch gap

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410814838882483

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410814846648643

Jealous of your wheels! B5 perches will lower the front 10-15mm. Eibach pro kit will lower your car 10mm all round. The eibachs I've read have a similar compression rate to sport springs so they work fine with good condition standard sport shocks!

Jealous of your wheels! B5 perches will lower the front 10-15mm. Eibach pro kit will lower your car 10mm all round. The eibachs I've read have a similar compression rate to sport springs so they work fine with good condition standard sport shocks!
+1 for eibach kit..

I was looking at the eibach sportlines but the drop will be too much I think

I tow regularly. So I'm going for 10mm rear and 20-25mm front with the eibach pro / b5 perches combo. Sportlines take away the need for b5 perches and lower 30mm front and 20mm rear. To me it looks great and low but wouldn't be practical for me.

What are the b5 perches that I keep hearing about? What do sportlines lower by as seen soo many different descriptions. The range seams to be from 30-50 front and 20-40 rear. I use the car for commuting but also plan to use it to tow my track car so it needs to be practical

B5 perches are what the spring sits on and there about 15mm lower than the b6 ones. Sportlines lower 50mm back and 40mm front and the pro lowers 30mm back and 20mm front... I'd go for the pro kit to avoid scraping if towing

Are coilovers totally out of the question? I have a cheap kit on mine, FK or something, but honestly you wouldn't tell unless I told you. The ride is really very good.

Lovely car btw.

Might try a set of perches first then and see as it doesn't need to go down far :)

B5 perches are what the spring sits on and there about 15mm lower than the b6 ones. Sportlines lower 50mm back and 40mm front and the pro lowers 30mm back and 20mm front... I'd go for the pro kit to avoid scraping if towing
Correct me if im wrong but i beleive sportlines lower 50mm front & 40mm rear. The pro lowers 30mm all round. But that's from SE height. A4 Sport's are already lowered 20mm so take 20mm off the previously mentioned distances.

That's what I thought. Wasn't sure if the stated drop was from standard or se height or from current sport height

Yeah you could be right there I got them the wrong way round lol my bad!!

Ordered some b5 perches so will fit them and see. Also a cheeky set of s4 brakes might be on there way to me also

Reactions: barkclark
Nice, I'm looking for a brake upgrade, either 312mm or s4 depending on price. That's good, what springs you going for?

@louis_123 for now I'm just going to run the b5 springs plates and see how I go with them. I might go for some eibach pros at a later date but already spent more on it in the last month than I did on my old car in 3.5 years haha

@IanFM - the ones I bought had 28days left on buy it now but I made an offer and was accepted :)

Just back from picking up the s4 brake setup. They are massive! Can't wait to get the wheels back from refurb and get it all fitted :)