Pulling To The Left!!!!...

dazza2393

Reaction score
hi guys.i have a weird problem.car pulls badly to the left.took car to my local garage and tracking was fine,balancing was fine.tyre pressures were all over the place so he did that for me.however car pulls violently to the left has a slight shake in the steering wheel.just had new n/s driveshaft fitted.also on powering into a roundabout easing off gas then powering back on on exit the car does a realy weird grind, kangaroo type thing...noise hesitation etc...also on going over small bumps car feels like it its going down a manhole!!!!!the car bangs and mainly it feels like it is the rear but it goes through your body!!!im at my wits end with this motor !!I don't want to get rid of her as I love the car.ohh I forgot to mention its an 02 1.6 se.can anyone shed some light and maybe have a theory what is happening to my little german beast????

If you have already had some work done on the front I would be checking that everything in tight and connected correctly. I sounds like a suspension/steering fault, especially when you say it bumps like it's going down a manhole.

When your tracking was done, was the camber checked?? Not many people seem to have the equipment to correct camber but this can make it pull. Also what are your lower arm bushes like?

its all relataveluy new on the front.front wishbones etc.its just started doing it over the last 2 weeks.the bump noises comes from behind me also what will the strange noise be whn cornering?its doing my head in.how do I check camber then??I took the car to kwik fit surely they check camber?

really this problem has only started since ive put 16 inch sport alloys on.could this be the fault???

Without sounding rude, are the wheels tight and torqued etc? Are they 5x100 wheels and correct fitment? What's the ET on them? What model is your A3?

yes all torqued and tight etc.they are 5x100 wheels but not sure of et.i have just noticed tonight when I took the wheel off the front passenger rubber droplink looks unusually different to the drivers side.there is more metal showing near the bolt than the other.would a droplink make car pull to the left?also I don't have knocking at the front.weird but could this be at fault?