SD SatNav

Thanks for all your replies. The salesman I was dealing with was supposed to be phoning me on Saturday, but didn't. I spoke to someone else at the garage on Friday and they quoted me £495 per car. I'll probably get it added before I pick the car up. Still hoping for this week. 1.4 Sportback, SLine, Scuba Blue. Trading up from a 3dr Fiesta :)

Which dealer is this?

Mine has said 600, no way!

^ Haha Did you just get that from the FAQ thread? ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
You would literally be buying and testing they aren't used.

Tbh if they don't give me a fair price tomorrow I'll just stick with my 40 quid one.

Apparently if can acquire an official Audi nav SD card, an Audi dealer will activate your nav for around £168

Post #26 http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/silly-question-regards-the-sd-sat-nav.216008/

May well look into this myself for that sort of money ;)
Going to contact my supplying Dealer tomorrow and see how much truth there is in this

Plenty of genuine Audi nav SD cards on ebay at the mo

If it's true then - £100 for a nav card & £168 to activate it is a little over 1/2 price for a similar factory option and well under 1/2 for what's been quoted by some Audi Stealers for an aftermarket install

To good to be true? We'll see ... ;)

Well it could be £600 taking in to account £495 for the card (which I think is the actually RRP to buy separately) and then £105 labour.

When I bought my car, my dealer gave me a voucher for 20% off accessories and clearly in the small print it excluded the A3 SD card. Must be no margin on it.

Not seen or heard of anyone getting the proper SD card for less than £495 (and activated) after purchasing their car. I got mine for £400 installed but that was a deal before pick up.....
I was quoted £650 by my dealer but managed to get it fitted for £472 by another main dealer

Reactions: Pulp84
Go an, do a few FAQs for us, especially for subjects close to your heart ;)
Can't think what they may be ... :think::D

Wolverhampton Audi are doing a Genuine Audi A3/S3 Sat Nav Activation & SD Card Kit fitted for for £435.95 thro' eBay
Albeit with 2012 mapping
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A...S_Accessories_Software_ET&hash=item4d242018b9

If I were closer I would ask them to sell me a kit outside of eBay & get them to take the 10% eBay sellers fee off that price, making it £392.36

Just a thought ... ;):D

Reactions: Pulp84
Huntingdon doing the 2014 version and map for 510, just take that offer to your local and they should match it (stupid if they don't).

The margins must be wafer thin as still yet to see a SD card fitted and installed AFTER a car has been purchased for much under the £500 mark (well done Stronic - £472 is a decent price).

The code has to be installed with the dealer computer which I understand verifies the code with Audi Germany.

If you live in Wolverhampton then £435 might be a good price but not for 2012 mapping and not living close to them....

I suppose Audi Germany has to get the money back for all that unused Sat-Nav units in A/S3s somehow ;)

Well, I phoned the dealer today to get an update on delivery.....it's been delivered to them! They need to wait for cleared funds and to get the SD Nav installed. I get it next Wednesday.

Reactions: A3_Rider and Martinbanshee
Gratz, I got it for 500 in the end thanks to the eBay link.