Satnav Disc/SD card

Charlie23

Reaction score
Hi guys and Gals

just purchased a A3 S Line with Sat nav but the mutimedia device in the glove box does not have a cd or a SD card in it for the Maps, is it as simple as buy one off eBay slot it in and away I go?

thanks

Hi guys and Gals

just purchased a A3 S Line with Sat nav but the mutimedia device in the glove box does not have a cd or a SD card in it for the Maps, is it as simple as buy one off eBay slot it in and away I go?

thanks
Not cheap it should come with the card ask whoever you bought car from. My sister just bought audi 2nd hand and it came with sd card for sat nav coat about £250 to but from Audi I'd be making noise

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi guys and Gals

thanks

Congrats on your purchase

What year and model spec is your car? Also what MMI type - please post version number as some used SD card and some had map on internal flash memory.

All UK 8V cars came with the hardware but not all had it activated.

Did seller/seller say Nav maps worked?

Some useful threads:

Thanks guy,

ummm seller said Sat nav but might be because it has the button etc on the centre console and I did try it but nothing worked so checked in the glove box and the mmi was all empty.
Will check tomorrow what model etc and get post up. Thanks Guys

also the car is 2012 62 plate S Line 2.0 tdi

All uk cars were hardware prepped. Unless the car had MMI High or SatNav optioned, you’ll need to buy map and activation - steer clear of ebay and get a retrofitter or dealer to sort it.