2007 A3 2.0TDi engine oil

RL

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a check oil warning light that popped up today on my dash. Checked dip stick and oil looks just above minimum. Engine was still warm when checked and more or less parked on a flat surface. So I assume it needs a top up rather than a fault.

I can't seem to find my oil type in the manual. Could anyone advise what I should put in and also the recommended way to do it?

Lastly should it still be ok to drive tomorrow 2 x 10 mile journeys before I can get some oil in?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Richard

Mobil 1 esp 5w30. Euro car parts have it on offer at the mo. I got 5l for £43 this week

Bit of a question I guess but I suppose I won't know how much I need?

It is 507.00 . But £15 for 1 L .

Ebay has 5L of 507.00 starting from £21 , even 5L of Quantum LongLife III is around £26.

I should only need 1L for a top up though shouldn't I? Or will it need more? Plus can't wait for it to be delivered as warning light is on.

I used quantum all the time, then one time used Mobil, it came out filthy as hell, then every time after has come out cleaner, so now I like Mobil the best.

Hi guys,

Got someone to pickup some oil whilst I'm at work from Motorsave. They gave us some Comma oil as per the attached pic. Checked on computer against car reg/spec and said this would do it.

Totally right spec on bottle from what you guys have described. Anyone used it before?

3c4cdc9806d367763ed6870773db9f64.jpg

Sweet cheers Gaz. Have you used it before?

But this stuff I have is the right type and should be ok?

Cheers mate - that's good to know. Will top it up tonight although the warning light hasn't come on again today typically!

It's the correct VW spec which means it passed all the tests so will be fine

Reactions: RL