Oil pressure 2.0tdi bkd 2007

GarethT8p

Reaction score
Hi folks i bought my 2007 a3 8p 2.0tdi bkd a few weeks ago it had a damaged fuel tank so I've replaced that and have gone to start it and still won't start and has come with oil pressure light after turning it over, iv dropped the sump to see what pump I have to see if it was the drive pin and my pump doesn't have one so am I right in thinking new oil pump? Iv attached a image of what my pump looks like

Attachments

• 20181209_115242.jpg
    20181209_115242.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 138
Low oil pressure light comes on if you've been cranking it forever and engine doesn't start.... It's not related from my experience.

Ps sprocket driven BKD is said to be among the stronger oil drive units

Start with the basic prinucple of confirming fuel delivery to the engine.

Get a bucket and connect a pipe to the fuel filter housing output which goes to the engine. Turn the key to ignition and see if there is a decent amount of fuel collected into the bucket.

This could be your issue, air inside the fuel filter housing due to standing for a long time.

Cheers for that, I got it running last night I got my battery fully charged and borrowed my friend's computer to prime the fuel system and then with a little help of brake cleaner down the intake pipe she struck up lovely first time