MTM M-Cantronic for S3(8V) 300 => 360HP

lucas-suisse

Reaction score
For those who want to see how it looks... Here you go !
IMG 0891

Reactions: Pulp84, s3_trev, monopole and 2 others
Lucas looks good, do you have any pics of it under the bonnet? I've just purchased the kit but found it hard to get everything in neatly. Did you end up removing the ecu plastic bracket? Thanks

can't decide if I want to try this over the FSR box I currently have fitted. \probably not worth it. Expert advise would be good @Leo-83 :) perhaps I'll just commit to the intake and be done with it...?...?...?...

I personally wouldn't waste the time, effort and expense of swapping the DTUK box over for the MTM. They are much the same and neither are a proper remap, the MTM box is expensive too and I would stick with what you have.

My opinion of these boxes is that they are good for stage 1 type stuff but if you want to go further, you will probably need a mainstream tuners remap. The tuning boxes have their limitations, there is only so much boost you can manipulate, you then need to channel into timing and fuelling changes to get the best from your hardware. Something the tuning boxes are not capable of.

However, I am going to run stage 2 mods on the tuning box initially to see how it reacts.

Reactions: monopole
Lucas looks good, do you have any pics of it under the bonnet? I've just purchased the kit but found it hard to get everything in neatly. Did you end up removing the ecu plastic bracket? Thanks

Will manage to take some pics shortly with the MTM module in its place... It was really easy (10 mnts max) to plug it in and really no issue about the ECU plastic bracket at all. Just moved the ECU out the support to plug the MTM connectors then moved ECU back to its normal place. The MTM module took place just between the battery and the air income to the turbo, just a nice place for it !

Last edited:
can't decide if I want to try this over the FSR box I currently have fitted. \probably not worth it. Expert advise would be good @Leo-83 :) perhaps I'll just commit to the intake and be done with it...?...?...?...
AFAIK the FSR module is great too... But cannot say more in comparision with the MTM one...

I personally wouldn't waste the time, effort and expense of swapping the DTUK box over for the MTM. They are much the same and neither are a proper remap, the MTM box is expensive too and I would stick with what you have.

My opinion of these boxes is that they are good for stage 1 type stuff but if you want to go further, you will probably need a mainstream tuners remap. The tuning boxes have their limitations, there is only so much boost you can manipulate, you then need to channel into timing and fuelling changes to get the best from your hardware. Something the tuning boxes are not capable of.

However, I am going to run stage 2 mods on the tuning box initially to see how it reacts.

I fully agree with you ! DTUK & MTM Stage 1 are much likely about the same at the very end... I'll stick with my Stage 1 MTM on my side : 360HP are far enough for me !...

If they give the same result, can anyone explain to me why MTM are charging 2299 Euros and DTUK are only charging £431?

Maybe just "German prices"... as MTM premises are just nearby Ingolstadt ? ;)

If they give the same result, can anyone explain to me why MTM are charging 2299 Euros and DTUK are only charging £431?

Different way of achieving it.
I'm not going to elaborate more as that would be unkind to the other boxes.

Horses for courses, you pays your money and takes your choice.