I have wifi in the car - but how?

allanmb

Reaction score
I was sitting in the car waiting for my wife for a long time last week. I found that the car has a wifi hotstpot in it! (I do not have mobile prep high in the car). I couldn't find the password so I opened the hidden MMI menu and found the password. I can connect my phone and tablet to it but since I don't have the sim-card option, it seems a bit useless. Do all new cars have wifi? Or do I have an almost complete setup for getting mobile prep high? If so, then what would I need to get it working with google maps/traffic?

Reactions: V6 Quatt
It should only be enabled on cars with the sim option, not sure if you got the car new but if used someone could have been playing in the hidden menu.

I've had the car since new and I did mess around with some wifi settings in the hidden menu a while back but I didn't expect there to be wifi installed in the car. Is it just installed on all new models? and then just switched on if they have mobile phone prep high?

Mine has this but no SIM socket. It used to keep coming up with a message but thankfully it no longer pesters me to connect.