New guy => advice needed

Boggy

Why so serious???
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Well i just got my first Audi and so far i`m impressed. But like with all the cars i had first thing i like to clean what i can in the engine bay area, EGR, throttle, things like this. After i will get the service done, the oil is a bit dark, filters, glow sparks can survive for 2 more weeks. And now the questions...
1. sometimes when i`m at the street light sounds like it`s coughing and when i accelerate on the motorway the same. is this a miss fire or anything else i should look for?
2. didn`t had a manual diesel so far and didn`t drive one so i don`t know if it`s normal not to go over 2000rpm in 1st gear.???
3. when i drive and i push the clutch in any gear to change it has like a "rusty" feel/sound. when the engine is off it moves much easier and without any weird feel to it.
4. can someone tell me a list of things that i should check, other than what i believe i know :D?

Hope i made myself understood and i wish to be around for a long time. Thanks and take care
P.S. if anyone around maidstone would like to take a look at the car and give me an advice would be awesome.

Which engine? First thing I'd do is get it on vag-com and see what it flags up. EGR is probably clogged as you say, could clean or blank, could also have a messed DPF and in terms of the clutch has it had one fitted since new? Previous owner may have fitted a SMF instead of DMF.

Thanks for the quick reply. it`s a 2l tdi 140hp. i don`t have a vag-com, i have an op-com. will work on this one too? might be something wrong with the dpf. if i remember well the oil shouldn`t be over the limit. and when i took the car i had to keep the cap open because was way too much oil in there. the same with the coolant. i looked in the service book and it`s nothing about the clutch. which one i have? single or dual? i will get the codes but when i`ll get the service sorted because it`s the same guy. That is why i`m asking what i can do until than... slowly after i will sort everything out with the warranty.

Ah right cool, I'm not too knowlegable on that engine but think it will have a DPF in that case, can't say I've tried with op-com but worth a shot if it will fit in the port. Should be dual on yours, wouldn't worry if someone has fitted single mass as in many cases they're decent but was just thinking it could be related to the noise your hearing. Think the 140 2.0tdi also had a recall on injectors and a couple other things but again I'm not too familiar with 2.0tdi's and would imagine yours will have been sorted by now. If this guy's sorting you out with the codes when you get it serviced there's probably not much else I would do myself before then; could always clean the EGR, manifold and MAF.

Reactions: Boggy
I have in the service book 2 recalls but i don`t know about what and doesn`t say either. i will get the egr, maf, throttle body sorted tomorrow maybe. do you have any ideea if this one has a boost valve and where that might be? all around was a good choice or not? thanks

hi,
did today the turbo also and found something that i don`t know if it`s ok or not. that black spot and the oil inside that pipe that goes to the turbo... any ideas please? thanks
IMAG0242 BURST002 COVER
IMAG0241