A3 1.9tdie cutting out

A3 1.8tdie cutting out help

• Email

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

E Taylor

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this sorry, my problem is I've just bought a a3 1.9tdie sports hatch 2008, within 20mins of driving it the car cuts out and will not start again, it's been in the garage 2week to no joy, it will start again with easy start and runs like there's no problem. They have changed the crank sensor, dpf delete and remove, cleaned all filters inc diesel tank, and also does not show any faults on diagnosis at all. Pls help?????

Hmm really strange does your clocks flicker or anything? And does it cut out after 5 seconds of starting it?

Hmm really strange does your clocks flicker or anything? And does it cut out after 5 seconds of starting it?
No I didn't notice the clocks flicker, it seems to cut out when driven for maybe 20mins or so but varies, the garage has had the car 2week and it's not cutting out all the time so very strange. They have changed cam sensor, all fuel filters, checked fuel tank/gauses, ecu numerous times to no fault codes, swapped the 109 relay around, checked injectors, all that's left is sending ecu away to be tested and checking the tandem pump but they have not got a high pressure fuel gauge so stuck!! Very frustrating as I've had the car 3week and it's been in garage 2 half week :-(

Yeah your right it's the last thing you need you just want to get in and be all over erm so you have bin scaling down the problem as youv done a lot funny feeling it might be ecu or something is the car a cat or anything

Yeah your right it's the last thing you need you just want to get in and be all over erm so you have bin scaling down the problem as youv done a lot funny feeling it might be ecu or something is the car a cat or anything
No not a cat, 2008 reg 91000 miles diesel with loads of service history!! Bad point is I bought it from the auctions now I know why I got it 2k under what it's worth!! Lesson learnt