Bad parking

The BMW and the Jag must have thought they had killed the space in the middle until I came along in my old Smart Car!

IMG_0318.jpg
So why did you delete this image so quickly?

I had some ***** van driver who parked next to my old merc, so close that I couldn't even open the door to get into my car..... waited a couple of minutes and the guy came back, his stupid comment was "what would I of done if he wasn't there", well first thing that popped into my mind was let the air out of all his tyres (karma), then climb through the passenger door and over to the drivers side.

I tend to go with "push your car back out into the road and leave it there" (handbrakes aren't that powerful)

I remember I had parked in a supermarket car park and came out in the peeing rain, ran to my car to then find that the person next to me had parked so close to my drivers door I couldn't get in.
So climbed in the passengers side and across but it wasn't until I tried to move away that I noticed that I couldn't as their wing mirror actually overlapped mines!!

I folder mines in and opened the window and had to push theirs back in order to actually get out!
Not sure if it was an accident or on purpose but some people really need to just think about their surroundings more!

I even understand 'The Fat' and 'The Lazy' who would rather circle and / or sit and wait 5 minutes to get a space close to the supermarket entrance - i really do!

What i dont understand is the people who have to park next to me in an extreme, furthest away from the entrance as possible space in a shitbox car when there are hundreds of spaces closer in a wortheless POS! Why???

Reactions: RYuill
I have to admit I always take up 2 spaces - usually the furthest away from any door entrance.. and if it's a ticket car park, I buy 2 tickets.

I've even had a few parking tickets for it.... they all go away when I prove that their spaces aren't big enough to park in... therefore I can't park in one space.

Nottingham council seem to be the worse for this, a lot of their spaces are under even the minimum space guidelines - set out by them! sneaky *******, I usually send a letter in talking about their discrimination against people with large cars!

so tell me... what do all the moany people on here suggest you should do if your car can't physically fit within their tiny painted lines?? sell my car in order to drive a small one? yeah right.....

so tell me... what do all the moany people on here suggest you should do if your car can't physically fit within their tiny painted lines?? sell my car in order to drive a small one? yeah right.....

Fundamentally you're just being lazy though. There's always a way to get your car into the space:

Sideways_Parking509.jpg

It does seem pretty crappy though if the spaces are just too small in the first place. Unless you're driving a hummer they should really ensure that there is sufficient space to park the damn thing.

Reactions: Dazzeroo, RYuill and the_cueball
lol... now that's some desperate parking!

it's a 2002 S8... and most of the time, it's a) too long for new spaces, and b) either too wide, or just on the limit... which means, due to the thickness of the doors, if someone parks in the next space, you can't open the door wide enough to get in!

I now have a Citigo for such shopping trips and, so I guess they have won, but no way I was getting rid of the S8... :(

I have noticed new and refurbed car parks finally recognising that cars are bigger than they were X years ago. In my locality there are 3 that paint double white lines to mark each space. Gives you those few extra inches on either side.

I remember that advert from back in the day. Good find.

More impressive was the fact it was a Montego! Marginally better than a Maestro I suppose.....

John.

Reactions: veeeight
Here's one way to make sure the spaces next to you are left empty.

b0818e60f7e9e81f272f64c401cb0a68.jpg

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Gazwould, JohnM100 and 4 others
Only in Aberdeen!!!

Seems to be a recurring theme in aberdeen...
Merc

I have seen an instance where a mate of mine parked right up at the trolley bay & someone basically boxed him in at the other side. He had no option but to remotely drop his windows & climb up the bonnet of the offending car in order to climb in to his...

Last edited:
Reactions: Aran383 and Scotty2011
Taking no chances of ANYONE getting close lol

Lol

Reactions: Dazzeroo
Taking no chances of ANYONE getting close lol

View attachment 44883

There's TWO spaces there. Anyone with a brain could work out that you just park against the outside edge of either space, leaving plenty of room if someone chose to park in the other one, rather than park like a dickhead.

Reactions: J6YAK, Liquidfusion-S3 and Cymru09
He obviously didn't want anyone next to him, or he could just be a dickhead :) Hence why it's in this thread called bad parking!

You don't get to choose if you have someone next to you or not in a car park, unless you own the land!

Parking like that gives us Audi drivers a bad reputation

Last edited:
Reactions: cemerson
Friend of mine (PC) was often called out to damaged cars that had been left overlapping two spaces......... I wouldn't take the chance.

I don't get why parking spaces are getting smaller when cars are only getting bigger !

Reactions: Martinbanshee
I don't get why parking spaces are getting smaller when cars are only getting bigger !
Read something a while back saying that the 3 series of the 70s & 80's is the same size as today’s 1 series, yet the standard space size has stayed the same!

Read something a while back saying that the 3 series of the 70s & 80's is the same size as today’s 1 series, yet the standard space size has stayed the same!

Yep, the missus has a new Polo and my dad and I think it's the same size as the Mk2 Golf we had years ago. I even managed to get a dishwasher in the back of the new polo the other weekend!

People parking their cars with a lack of consideration? Don't get me started ... :banghead:

Because of 'em, I have resorted to parking like this -
5d5bedd8e00edf733630ee77dad88780_zps890c5769.jpg

Reactions: Martinbanshee
I don't like leaving my car parked completely isolated from all other cars, it's a target for chavs and vandels, and it stands out too much.

On the bright side, it is good for exercise. :weight lift2:

I even managed to get a dishwasher in the back of the new polo the other weekend!

We wash our dishes in the kitchen - there's more room to stand ... but each to his own :D

Reactions: A3Kent, RYuill and Blackwhite

spaces are actually getting smaller...with new or redesigned car parks.

it's a conscious effort to only allow small cars into city centre spaces and new car parks...

most councils actually have space size guidelines, you have to dig deep to find them, but they mostly haven't been updated for the new spaces...

hence why I was able to prove clearly and without doubt that Nottingham council are breaking their own codes and got off my fine.

there are now spaces in glasgow that my Citigo just fits into (width wise) and its a squeeze getting the door open to get out... it's shocking... but very much all planned.

So why did you delete this image so quickly?
I moved the photo in my photobucket account so the link changed. I tried to edit the post but couldn't figure out how to do it. I will include it here.

IMG_0318.jpg

Reactions: glospete
That guy in the Astra is either a genius or stupid. I'm caught which side I'm on!

Now that's a whole new level of bad parking.

I don't see any tickets on his window never mind two.