SD SAT NAV!!!!!

s31jay

Reaction score
My mum and dad just picked up there new q3, it has the SD sat nav in it! Would I be able to just plug it into my SD slot on my s3? Dealer said it would be £500 to get it from them! Grrrrrr

Cars still at the dealers, was just wondering if any1 had tried it before i get them to install it before i pick it up!

O so the car has to be activated? Thats ****
No the card has to be activated in the car it is going to be used in, normally about £100 but you might be able to negotiate a deal. This has always been the case with SD, did you think you'd be able to have an upgrade to navigation for nothing? However is your S3 sat nav prep'd, if so you should have a card anyway...

All new S3s are Sat Nav prepared, you don't get the card unless you spec Sat Nav from the factory or ask a dealer to activate. The dealer will supply the card and activate the pre-installed equipment.

Reactions: s31jay
Yep, all sd cards are for 1 car only, so you can't transfer the card to each Audi you buy, or just nick the SD card out of a show room car and think it will work in your new A3. ;)

Reactions: s31jay