A3 lowered pictures on tt comp wheels

Audiforlife

Reaction score
Hi,
I've recently purchased a set off tt comps for my a3 but I'm struggling to decide whether to buy coilovers or springs. The car is my daily and don't really want a harsh bumpy ride. Could people share their setups and experiences as my car looks terrible standard height :(

Thanks Jamie

Sorry i should have said I'm on a budget. I have seen a few coilover sets on ebay for 160 just wondering if anyone knows if they are any good? Im not looking for handling just for it to look good with my wheels

If your on a budget then I think the AP is the best value for money...

What ones on ebay are you looking at?

Reactions: JamieT_a3
They are fk street coilovers on ebay 157 free postage. It won't let me copy and paste the link for some reason. I'm not after handling and I don't want anything too harsh or stiff. Also I've read that if you lower anymore than 45mm the driveshaft will hit the arb. If this is the case are there any cheap options e.g an arb from another vag? Etc

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Not that I've ever used fk's but heard that they are a very harsh ride and heard of people taking them out not even a year after fitting them because they are broken/corroded.

like clart said ap's are probably your best bang for buck and a set will probably set you back about £400.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...oilover-thread-jamex-with-how-to-guide.87813/

also probably a good read if you are on a really tight budget.

Jamie

to solve your ARB problem you can get a ARB from any AWD car (golf 4motion, r32, a3 quattro, s3, and i think some skodas as well)

I have APs and they're really good, still a little harsh

I think I'm going to order a cheap set of 40mm springs off ebay. Another quick question my car is a base model 3dr 90 tdi. Are the shocks different on say a 1.8t? Or is it just the springs that differ? As the 1.8t's are alot lower standard