Audi TT Competition wheels on ur A3

Someone with the username Duck has done this and they look good. You will find the pictures in "Show pictures of your A3/S3" Wasnt long ago so go a few pages back.
Hope this helps...

Quality wheels, I'd love of fully polished ones.

They only come in 17" though. Look great on low A3's :)

Love these wheels but as said before they corrode like mad.

Would really love some on mine though!

Thanks for the link mate
The thing is i dont think they really suit the S3 because of the wide arches.
The S3 deserves bigger wheels 18s minimum.

That doesnt look like corrosion tho it looks like curbing.

that's pretty clearly corrosion. not that it's relavent to this thread at all.....

DaveB had TT comps on his super dooper S3 beating A3 turbo :)

Ive got some on my s3 as i didnt really want 18"s on my car. I like the look but thats my opinion i guess :yes:

They look good but need some spacers on them to push them out 10mm per side or so... Else it looks like homer simpson from the back...bit like the stock S3 wheels.

I ran comps for a while whilst my RSTT's were bing refurbed and they looked reasonable (apart from the fact that they were pretty scuffed and no longer had a mirror finish):

withcomps1.jpg

withcomps2.jpg

It should be noted that I had a set of 18's in the boot on these pics which helped drop the rear. I was also running spacers all round.

Guys i cant remember how u put a pic up in this forum, but anyway how low do you think this A3 has been lowered to get this look on these 17s?

DSC00923.jpg

40mm I reckon. Car looks low due to the very low profile tyres fitted.

im thinking of going for these when i get my coilovers fitted but using 215-35-17 tyres and with 20mm spacers on the back and 15mm on the front should look wicked, nice and euro too, havnt seen too many s3's with them either which is nice!

Nope, FK coilovers about 60mm at the front and right down on the adjusters at the back but 40 series tyres help with the drop:o.k:

Normally reserved for speaking to my aircooled VW buddies, but nice stance :)

Got the TT wheels on my A3. It's on spax coilovers, and spaced 15mm(perside) at the rear and 8mm at the front. Using 225/45/17. Got some pictures kicking about somewhere so will try and post one later.

Without the spacing, it didnt look half as good. It's all about the stance. . .

Here is my A3 with TT alloys, with 15mm spacers on the rear the wheels are only just level with the wing.

jay.jpg

Thanks Tom, it was a bit of trial and error getting the correct spacing and ride height, but got there in the end!

Yeah agreed looks excellent, think it'll look nice with the flared arches of the s3 when nice and low too :)

Yeah agreed looks excellent, think it'll look nice with the flared arches of the s3 when nice and low too :)

Yep, sure it would. . . .if the wheels were flush with the arch on the S3 it would be nice and wide!

What spacers did you use jay? When people say they use 20mm spacers do they mean 10mm each side do you think, also did you have to use longer bolts with yours?

im thinking of going for these when i get my coilovers fitted but using 215-35-17 tyres and with 20mm spacers on the back and 15mm on the front should look wicked, nice and euro too, havnt seen too many s3's with them either which is nice!
im not sure you will get the car low enough using coilovers to make the wheels sit like they do on ducks a3 as the s3 coilovers dont go that low should look ok but the rear wheel wont be up in the arch or the tyre right on the arch i think there will be about a 10mm gap atleast

What spacers did you use jay? When people say they use 20mm spacers do they mean 10mm each side do you think, also did you have to use longer bolts with yours?

It depends, some places quote there numbers as in total track width. Mine at the rear were 30mm (15mm per side) and 16mm (8mm per side) on the front. I just used the Eibach Pro spacers and haven't had any trouble at all. I did have to replace the bolts for longer ones though.

im not sure you will get the car low enough using coilovers to make the wheels sit like they do on ducks a3 as the s3 coilovers dont go that low should look ok but the rear wheel wont be up in the arch or the tyre right on the arch i think there will be about a 10mm gap atleast

Yeah i was thinking that i guess its a case of trial and error really, like the picture i've got in my head tho lol

If i cant get it how i want it to look with them then i guess i'll have to look at other options (different wheels)
It would be a shame though as i like the fact that they are quite euro looking but still OEM at the same time if you know what i mean.

It depends, some places quote there numbers as in total track width. Mine at the rear were 30mm (15mm per side) and 16mm (8mm per side) on the front. I just used the Eibach Pro spacers and haven't had any trouble at all. I did have to replace the bolts for longer ones though.

Cheers mate think i'll go down the eibach route too :icon_thumright: