has anyone put the Audi TT competition wheels on their A3?

spannah

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thinking of a set of wheels to put on my silver 1.8t, was thinking of the TT competitions, but they only come in 17s and was thinking of putting a set of 18s on her.

Let me know if anyone has done this one already and if theres any pics as well. Another set of wheels i like are the BBS LMs although dont want to spend that kind of money on a set of wheels, i wonder if theres a replica.

Regards
Spencer

There is replica BBS LM's, they are on eBay for about £800 not inc tyres.

I have 17" TT comps on my car, I'll dig out a picture. The one thing people do say is they don't look all that in pictures but look amazing in real life.

Dave dig that pic out mate lets have a look, BBS LM replicas for £800 without tyres, hmmmm might as well get the originals

Stationary:

wheels1tl5.jpg

Moving:

wheels2ct8.jpg

I like the TT comps more than my RS4's. Although I have RS4's on in winter and the TT competition in summer.

The 17" wheels produce a smoother ride for me too as I have very harsh suspension.

Loving the TT Comps Dave did you get them refurbed cos they look mint?

Whats a good price to pay for a set?

Thinking of 17's myself too as my suspension is really harsh and im not even on coilovers yet.

Jason

I paid £250 with 6mm tread on them.

They were very good condition with only a couple of small scuffs on the rim, and no laquer peeling.

Then the girlfriend took the car to work, they now have a couple of scuff each....

But for the money, they are excellent wheels.

That looks decent they are probable the cheapest set of audi wheels out there, how low did you lower your car? What setup did you do?

:)
Did somebody ring........
a3front34sunglintpw6.jpg

I like this one.....
compswithglinttx8.jpg

a3front34fi5.jpg

My opinion......i think they look excellent...rare as anything on an A3....OK so maybe some of the Mk3/4 crowd have done this to death...however i have to say in NW region /Manchester i have yet to see a single non TT car wearing these...and i do a fair few miles. Maybe a bit too bling for some, i would agree...maybe even for me...but they don't half get peoples eyes when they are clean!

As for fitment they are 17 x 7.5 J ET 32

As for weight....i think you may have a surprise...they are about 23 lbs or 10.5 Kg....i believe this is 4-5 lb lighter than RS4s....yes they have wide spokes, but comparatively they are thin going in to the wheel....thinner than rs4 spokes.

Why did i buy them?...because i wanted to go big brake kit without spacers and these fit my stealth black Porsche "Big Reds" setup...plus at £250-£300 including tyres secondhand...that sure beats BBS CH 18s at £1300...as much as i would love them, SWMBO would start instant divorce proceedings. The thing you have to look out for is the lacquer getting corroded and lifting up...at which point they rapidly go downhill and need a professional refurb. The only place that i have come across that has had good writeups for doing comp refurbs is Lepsons, in Rochester, Kent (i think)....most places can't restablish the polishing so all they do is paint them...and then that loses all the impact they can have when clean.

HTH