New 2015 RS3!!!

Yea, the B&O is very well balanced. Many 'bass heads' complained they preferred the Audi System as it had more bass, but having heard both, and the Bose, if you appreciate high quality sound and not just vibrating your nuts, the the B&O is well worth it.

Nicely sold sir, looks like that's going on the list if that's the case.

I like a good bit of bass but not to the point where the car panels are vibrating and I can't actually hear the song.

Reactions: josedebardi
rs3d.jpg

@monopole - This one is my choice MP :thumbs up:

That combo looks stunning IMHO

epic. really not liking those red vents, confirms 3 things for me;

1) Nardo = YES
2) RS3 Design pack = NO
3) Sports exhaust = YES (because if that isn't Sp Ex on the video, then Sp Ex will be epic lol)

Yeah that exhaust is epic whichever one it is on that vid

I think that's a standard exhaust. If you watch carefully it's stainless, not black, and info so far suggests the sport exhaust has black tips.

I think that's a standard exhaust. If you watch carefully it's stainless, not black, and info so far suggests the sport exhaust has black tips.

Yeah i noticed the silver exhaust tips right at the very end. To be fair you I would expect a half decent standard exhaust on an RS model anyway, I can't see anybody bring disappointed with the stock exhaust.

Reading the UK brochure...
- RS Sports Exhaust System – further enhances the engine sound with a 2-branch design with chrome oval tailpipes

I'm hoping it's wrong (as with every new model Audi brochure I've ever read!). But the German configurator did change from black to chrome tips which would say maybe it's correct :(

Is it me or do the gear changes seem really quick?

Must resist phoning dealer............

Reactions: rs3_lloyd
Audi do say they have reduced/improved the gear changes for the new RS3 :)

Watched this video before going to bed last night and ended up dreaming about the car. Thanks for making me feel like a kid again Audi. Now just get your rear ends in gear and build me one!

I still need to see in the flesh, but I think a TTS in vegus yellow is going to be hard to resist. Must admit, price wise the RS3 is not that much more than the TTS and I don't need the extra space in the RS3. Performance wise, I'd be surprised if there's that much difference between the two cars :think:

Just popped into the massive Audi Zentrum in Frankfurt hoping there might be one to look at. No joy and not expecting one in the showroom until June. So just goes to show that the German release will not be much in front of ours if at all.

I still need to see in the flesh, but I think a TTS in vegus yellow is going to be hard to resist. Must admit, price wise the RS3 is not that much more than the TTS and I don't need the extra space in the RS3. Performance wise, I'd be surprised if there's that much difference between the two cars :think:

I face pretty much the same dilemma. I like both the new TTS and new RS3 (and my previous car was an 8J TTS) and the prices are within a few hundred quid of each other.

Certainly the last gen TTS is comparable to the 8P RS3. The RS3 is quicker in a straight line and in terms of overtaking; the TTS could carry more speed with confidence in the bends. Point-to-point there was nothing between them. I expect the same to broadly hold true with the new generations of both cars.

A point to keep in mind was that the TTS was a b*****d to park due to the very long doors. If someone came and parked close to you you could be entering the vehicle a la Dukes of Hazard...

Reactions: Scotty2011
If the 8P TTS was comparable to the RS3 does anyone know what the TT RS like? Is there any scope for Audi to release a new TT RS?

The 8J TTRS was considered compromised by the motoring press. It was nose-heavy where the TTS was more balanced. I never drove one myself, but it seems plausible.

I think it's extremely likely there will be a new TTRS in time. It would be a few points quicker to 60 than the TTS or RS3.

Reactions: quinnii
I cancelled my Mk3 TTS order. I don't like the display ergnomics, or perhaps more importantly nor did Mrs Nimbus. There is no ability for the passenger to see the display without leaning into the drivers area considerably to enter info (phone numbers, destiation etc) as the infomation is on the drivers MMI. Its a fantastic car, but having driven one - this was an area where I was not prepared to compromise. If I didn't carry passengers often, then it wouldnt be a problem. An optional repeater display, similar to the S3 which you 'could' use, in addition to the drivers MMI is needed; I think there was some discsussion over a hand held MMI (Tablet) as a future option, but it wasnt available when I cancelled mine.

I cancelled my Mk3 TTS order. I don't like the display ergnomics, or perhaps more importantly nor did Mrs Nimbus. There is no ability for the passenger to see the display without leaning into the drivers area considerably to enter info (phone numbers, destiation etc) as the infomation is on the drivers MMI. Its a fantastic car, but having driven one - this was an area where I was not prepared to compromise. If I didn't carry passengers often, then it wouldnt be a problem. An optional repeater display, similar to the S3 which you 'could' use, in addition to the drivers MMI is needed; I think there was some discsussion over a hand held MMI (Tablet) as a future option, but it wasnt available when I cancelled mine.

Everyone I have spoken to (including my sales guy) say the same thing about the TT. The lack of central screen will put a lot of people off. I love the car, but would never buy one based on this issue.

Last edited:
If these are Nardo and Catalunya
Audi-RS3-Sportback-MQB-8v-355.jpg

then these are the studio lights version:

audi-rs3-sportback-salone-di-ginevra-2015-18-1024x667.jpg

1-jpg.48315

Massive difference!!!!

you may be right, but does anywhere say that? My search shows its Nardo

I was torn between the Catalunya Red and Sepang. Not having seen the red yet, so didn't want to risk and early order in red, and it arrived and I didn't like it. The pictures and videos seem to show some variations under different lights etc; at least with the sepang I know what these are.

It's Nardo in the bottom pic, I've seen 4 or 5 shots from that moment in time. Plus I've owned a Glacier White car, and it don't look like that!

637a37b2d4bb6f0884884f981341ad69.jpg
5664d3c84e44d88de834d662dd9768e7.jpg
43aa9543f8a4148037f955380defa422.jpg
6872f9f6db85313fbb7a75506a45672f.jpg

It looks white from almost every angle... Admittedly though it doesn't say anywhere what colour it is, however my dealer did say that they RS3 he saw in Audi City was nardo and he could only describe it as battleship grey

Reactions: Blackwhite
I both agree and disagree. In some of those shots the lighting in the darker areas say Nardo to me, especially the rear shot with the indicators on.

I agree that the rear shot does look like a grey, although looking at the swatches it could just as easily be the Floret Silver also.

66c90f8e4471e09519c9f957a1033b0e.jpg

Reactions: monopole
Aye, just so confusing with nothing to tell us exactly what colour it's shown in, in those shots, damnnnn you Audiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii blurrgh

time... will... tell...

Aye, just so confusing with nothing to tell us exactly what colour it's shown in, in those shots, damnnnn you Audiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii blurrgh

time... will... tell...

Christ knows what colour it is, but whatever it is I like it!

Reactions: monopole and Blackwhite
Here's some vids that have better lighting (at times!). Defo Nardo.

Reactions: Blackwhite, quinnii and monopole
Plus that's a fantastic combination of clothing he's gone for...

His suit pants must still be at the dry cleaners...

Reactions: monopole and josedebardi
Then whyyy doesn't it look Nardo :D in those shots. Such an amazing colour :)