New 2015 RS3!!!

Where have you had this confirmed? I have sent an order with a deposit bust have stated that i want to add both ceramics and buckets...

You'll be waiting til 2016 then. It's been confirmed to the press, and in the German RS3 brochure.

Does anyone know if I can change my build spec now the order has been placed? I'm still not convinced Iv picked the right colour...

Yes you can, until you reach code 20 (build week confirmed). If you change it at code 10 (estimated build week) it may affect the timescale as you may lose your spot if the spec changes to include parts not planned to be used in your slot. For example, panoramic roof being added/removed will almost guarantee a change in build week as cars with/without are built together in runs.

Reactions: quinnii
Anybody else notice that the RS3 seems to have dropped off the Audi.co.uk configurator?

Anybody else notice that the RS3 seems to have dropped off the Audi.co.uk configurator?

It's pretty common on new car launches, they take it down for a few hours while the fix the inevitable incorrect descriptions/imagery. Audi's web and brochure editors are among the worst I have ever seen - I've pointed out 20+ errors on the SQ5 and S1 to them at their launch. I also spotted an error in a BMW printed brochure, so they had to print however many thousand 1 series brochures again!!

TODAY

So Nic Cackett doesn't like the new Audi RS3: Autocar (and I'm a subscriber, tsk) report Autocar 22 April 2015 (my 70th birthday)

Well ain't that a surprise; Autocar scribes didn't like the original, either... (TOUGH!)

Autocar do like a Jaguar however; I hate to think how much Jaguar 'might' be paying for their now repetitive inclusions and/or glossy supplements' as in today's Autocar; and similarly for the same yet AGAIN Aston bl**dy Martin but with different splitter and/or indicator-lamp/wing-mirror design...

Autocar seem always to want to evaluate an Audi, any Audi, on a test track in 'dry weather conditions' rather than a public road in wet/damp/winter conditions.

When will Autocar understand the variables of UK driving conditions and evaluate a car on a 52-week cycle rather than its scribes flying off to Italy to drive a quattro car in warm/dry/sunny/conditions.

Maybe any RS3 on UK roads in typical UK conditions (winter and summer) is a step too far for Cack Nickett.

Does annoy me; the RS3 for me is one of the best available useable and fun cars for ALL year motoring: **** Cackett (keyboard error Audi fans...) please note...

Nic Cacketts review follows the mould of many of his previous reviews; is not anchored in reality and assumes that every car sold must go around a track faster and better than a golf R to be a contender at anything. What utter tosh the bloke writes;

"That the car also remains riveted to the ground and a doddle to dial into will be testimony enough of quattro GmBH’s skill for some - but we hoped there would be more here to savour". - like what Nic? Photon torpedos?

" Should I buy one?

That leaves the jury technically still out, although it must be said that if you’re holding off on buying the model’s half sister, the Golf R, until you’ve heard the final verdict, I wouldn’t necessarily linger much longer.
Marginally slower and less characterful in the engine bay it may very well be, but the Volkswagen steers with more aplomb, levitates above the ground like a cruise missile, gets the standard manual gearbox the Audi doesn’t, and, crucially, doesn’t need the ESP turned off to show you a good time."

Last time I looked the Golf R 0-62 was 4.9 seconds (dsg box); thats not 'marginally slower' and more on par with my S3 to 62.
Apparantly the Golf R levitates now; so I haven't a clue what that means; and cruise missiles are guided!

This guy just does not get what your average driver wants aout of a review; but then again, the majority of us take our cars around tracks are weekends don't we - Utter Tosh Nic

Reactions: 45bvtc and quinnii
I need to drive one myself, trouble is what dealers will have a demo? My local says it's unlikely they will have one. They have a few S5s which could be my other choice...

Optional sports exhaust - seems as though it wasn't standard after all

So Jack Rix knows what the point of the car is then!

Reactions: fanshu
Drove the CLA45 today, came away quite dissapointed. Seemed very flat and sound wasn't that great inside the car. Maybe because my TT RS was mapped. Now back to hoping they bring this out in a saloon!

I think reviews for sports cars are reviewed in that context and absolutely against the competition, which includes price. The RS product has always won out on practicality, but sports cars are not considered on practicality so there is the contradiction in RS products.

The main issues always seems to be price and weight distribution where all audi's stick the engine past the front axle; how could anyone expect an Audi to not under steer, it's just physics, the same with 911's with their engine past the rear axle.

They still give it 4/5 stars, but bear in mind the test conditions were picked by Audi and not the journo's.

I do agree about jaguar BTW, but not because of advertising.

Has anyone got any pics of the rs3 in the glacier white or Daytona grey? Iv tried photoshopping it and it looks ridiculous, I'm stuck on what colour to order - Iv narrowed it down to glacier, sepang and Daytona and I'm having a hard time choosing.

quite possibly, the option will be Ibis white for MY16, not glacier, if the MY16 changes include the RS3

quite possibly, the option will be Ibis white for MY16, not glacier, if the MY16 changes include the RS3

Is there much difference between the two?

Where are the MY16 changes published?

Drove the CLA45 today, came away quite dissapointed. Seemed very flat and sound wasn't that great inside the car. Maybe because my TT RS was mapped. Now back to hoping they bring this out in a saloon!
Has anyone got any pics of the rs3 in the glacier white or Daytona grey? Iv tried photoshopping it and it looks ridiculous, I'm stuck on what colour to order - Iv narrowed it down to glacier, sepang and Daytona and I'm having a hard time choosing.

Current photos: Nardo, Red, Blue.
No other colors found.

Current photos: Nardo, Red, Blue.
No other colors found.

Err, not correct. I have seen a few pictures of the new RS3 in black posted on the web. None in white yet, which is where my thinking is going. Nardo - looks OK, but it'll be the most common colour for this car I think and I'm already sick of seeing it in every video and picture I find of the new RS3. I'm hoping that they'll bring in Ibis White as a standard colour post launch as I prefer that to Glacier White. I will not have to pay extra for the paint either, always a bonus...

062ad8aa2739fe0a8b877c78b5152b5c.jpg

b2573badc22f3731c40ed5092115cf23.jpg

36041b16549280019ce9a3c8c2480547.jpg

Here's some I whipped up before at work on my phone. They're not brilliant but you can get the idea of how the glacier might look

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
What colours have people ordered up to press? From what Iv read there seems to be a lot of love for sepang at the minute

Sepang!!! same as my S3; i did toy over Catalunya Red - but I love Sepang

Reactions: quinnii
Nimbus grey I'd like but keen on Daytona once I've seen an example

Nimbus grey ordered here .....
Should look pretty sweet parked up next to my nimbus mk2 on the driveway :O can't come soon enough
DB8D0406-E2C2-4F0F-B5BC-3A8130C1EFAA-202-0000001F2938CAD1_zps9fbf9c76.jpg
[/URL]

There's a couple pics of a white one floating around on Instagram. Give it a search!

Although I'm not sure why you need to see an rs3 specifically. There are plenty of a/s3's out there they all look the same from the side! only a little imagination needed :/

Nice! I have found big photo versions.

Front brakes looks huge!

v3q4jc.jpg

wwgpxg.jpg

Reactions: fanshu, Nimbus265, quinnii and 1 other person
are they the optional carbon ceramic brakes though ?

No, they look steel. And I suspect the Ceramics have a special colour for the callipers, too, though I don't know that for fact.

The ceramics won't have the wave pattern I don't think either.

Anyone notice the following on the Standard Spec list on Audi UK site?

MMI control panel with MMI Touch
Electrically adjustbale front sports seats

I assume these are mistakes also?

Anyone notice the following on the Standard Spec list on Audi UK site?

MMI control panel with MMI Touch
Electrically adjustbale front sports seats

I assume these are mistakes also?

Pretty sure yea.