A4 avant 2003 remote central locking

funkyspider

Reaction score
Hi. I've read other posts and even had this problem before, but still haven't solved it.

My remote central locking fob is failing to lock/unlock. If I put the key in ignition, turn one click and press the buttons it re-syncs and works for a short variable amount of time (hours or days) then the car seems to forget the key fob and I have to re-sync it again.

I've had part of wiring loom in door replaced as there was a problem, but that should now be ruled out. When working it works from a good distance, so I'm assuming the battery is OK in the fob.

Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance, Martin.

I would try replacing the battery in the fob anyway due the fact it costs pennies. Then that is the one thing ruled out.

Have you tried syncing the key/s through VCDS? I'm not sure what the procedure is on a B6, but I have done it on a B5. Ross-tech has the guide on how to do it.

I'll replace the battery - like you say pence from ebay.
I'll first google VCDS to find out what it is - :think: then investigate doing this.

Thanks

VCDS is Vag-com diagnostics. Ross-tech.com is the website. Is very good software and one every VAG owner should consider purchasing, even if it's the Lite version.

Or check out the VCDS user map, someone local to you may have it and be willing to scan/check the keys for you.

Dan