Interior Trim Inserts

mattpanton

Reaction score
Does anyone know of anywhere that sells the interior trim inserts (in the doors, across the dash etc.)? As I currently have the wood trim and I'm looking for something a little more sporty looking.

Or, does anyone have a rough idea of price for a full set of trims (I'm not even sure what was available as standard) from a dealer? I suspect many arms and many legs!

Sorry if this has been covered before, I did try a search but nothing came back.

Thanks

Matt

Docourley has/had a set of ally trim for sale,I know for certain that the door trims are held on with circlip type things from the rear, around 5 or 6 on each door
HTH

Thanks for that,

Yeah I've had a look on ETKA to try and find out part numbers etc, and did notice that the door ones are rather well attached!

hi matt
this might be helpful

shows you how to get the trim of the dashboard

Linky

you interested in selling your wood trim?

thanks for the link, looks very useful!

yeah I would be interested to sell the wood once I have another set in the car.

Bloodyhell Matt! the Wood trim is positively Regal! Why on earth would anyman middle class, middle minded man wish to change it. I spent ages making sure the A4 i bought had Wood trim!

Pull yourself together man!

Hey, i'm with Matt,

I wouldn't want wood trim either, reminds me of the old Rovers that old people drive. :)

Suppose it's down to individual taste, think i'll stick with my aluminium trim.

But is there anywhere you can buy the aluminium trim from if you currently have the wood?

www.vagparts.com have them... but the price leaves a lot to be desired for simple cosmetic happiness...

As Mawhitey suggested before... get in touch with Docurley... he has a set of the Aluminium trim for sale... see here

Thanks for the comments guys, I had a chat with my dealer today, as suspected it's not cheap!

Being as the current wood is everywhere, I'll need a black gear lever surround and ash tray, the ash tray being £82 on it's own!! The other inserts come to well over £200, Think i'll have a chat with Docurley!

i would take them out and paint them piano black like the s3 etc...

dont blame you, why anyone would possibly want wood is beyond me.

Kris, I did consider that but think i'll be able to make a reasonable sum back if I sell the wood on ebay, as for some reason it does seem popular!

I have two emails on these I think yours is first so will email my number.

What you will need to change is the centre inlays as this is not covered like the wood trim cars and would need changing and not trying to do myself out of a deal but painting them black wood look great.

i was thinking of doing mine black with a good few clear coats to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also have the wood but would prefer the aluminium or black. Been keeping an eye on ebay and they don't come around that often are are usually fairly expensive.

[ QUOTE ]
I have two emails on these I think yours is first so will email my number.

What you will need to change is the centre inlays as this is not covered like the wood trim cars and would need changing and not trying to do myself out of a deal but painting them black wood look great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Number recieved, many thanks, I'll give you a call today sometime,

Yeah I know the centre inlays need to be changed, that wood gets everywhere!! I have a gear lever surround on order from my dealer and I won an upper surround (cup holder etc) on ebay last night, which just leaves the ash tray, which I think I'll have to order from my dealer as the chances of one coming up on ebay in the right colour are slim to none!

As for painting the wood, as much as I hate the stuff I don't think I could bring myself to defacing it! Also, I have already had some interest for selling it on.

Well, I now have a black replacement for the wood around the cup holder etc, and all the required ally trim bits! Huge thanks for docurley!
Just need a gear lever surround (on order) and an ashtray, then the wood can be banished!!

Dunno whether any of you are still looking for the trims but just found this on ebay...

linky

I now have all the parts required to make the change! woo! Could be a long weekend, and I'm dreading this months credit card bill!! But hey, will be worth it in the end

Will do :)

Went to start on it this evening and audi have supplied the wrong gear lever surround.

Spot the difference...

DSC_1676copy.jpg

I've figured out that the new one is for a single din head unit set up (larger, higher up, ashtray)

Using the power of EKTA I've managed to find out the correct part number for the one I need, wish I'd done that in the first place!

Phone call to my parts man at audi tomorrow morning I think, he's pretty good so hopefully will be sorted soon, however that one had to come from Germany so took the best part of a week to arrive.

Think I may continue with the conversion over the weekend and change that part as and when I get it, will look a little odd for a bit but there!

Well, Spent the afternoon on the car and have managed to get all the dash area sorted, all bar the gear surround which I'm waiting on,

Before...
as1.jpg

During.... Not a pretty sight, and took an awful lot of work to get it to this stage, all because the aircon unit wouldn't play ball!
as2.jpg

Current state...
as3.jpg

as4.jpg

I'm gonna get the doors sorted tomorrow then just waiting on that surround and I'm there.

I think it looks 10 times better already though, can't wait to have it all finished!

Ahhh sweet.

I have something that resembles the carbon trim in mine but i think its plastic and the gear surround is just black.
I would post a pic but the only one i have makes it look like the black trim.

Hey Docurley,

Where did you get the gear knob, looks really cool. Tempted to change mine to something like that.

Were there any problems in changing it.
Cheers,
Rob.