ELECTRICS - BULBS SEEM TO KEEP BLOWING

shanewoods28

Reaction score
Got an A3 2003 2.0tdi,, when I purchased my car a few months ago I decided to upgrade the parking lights (side lights) to some xenon whites. Then soon as I installed them it came up with an error message on the dash asif the bulbs have blown because it's not recognised the upgraded bulb, so got another set of bulbs off eBay with built in resistors to get rid of the error message on the dash.. Was fine for few days then I get driving down the road and then the drivers side rear light blows out, so buy a new bulb to fix this.. (This bulb HAD actually blown) so replaced it and Problem solved.!! Week later the "passenger rear bulb" blown as it came up on the dash as it should.. But i left it for few days as I'm at work all week in the van.. Then after few days of driving around with one rear light not working the "passenger rear bulb " message decides to go off and has been fine ever since..iv since took the upgraded side lights out and put back the old ones .. Week later the light came up on the dash saying the indicators have blown, but when I used it to indicate the light went off asif it woke its self up (this happend to both sides) then the light on the dash went off.. Been fine ever since.. Then tonite! the ******* drivers side front low beam light comes up on the dash because the bulb has blown, apparently.. it's starting to **** me off now, do I buy a new bulb or wait to see if it the light goes off.. Has these resistors done this or could it have been a fault with the car when I purchased it... NEED ADVICE ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM.. Thanks for your time reading, will be grateful for your help