MMI/My Audi PIN Confusion

jaypers777

Reaction score
OK.....apologies in advance. I'm sure there is a FAQ that will answer this, but I can't find the specifics.

I've just signed up to 'My Audi'. On there is a PIN - "Please enter the PIN above in your Audi MMI to link your vehicle with myAudi."

Now I have the tech pack, but not the extra Internet enabled stuff. I take it that I can't use this feature, or am I missing something?

TIA.

Last edited:
On tech pack without connect you can import picture destinations via SD card, or USB, or via myAudi with PIN.

I've only managed to do it once, and never again via myAudi with PIN, think you have to have all the correct bits fired up simultaneously (Car WiFi etc).

So did I, but picture Nav is available on myAudi for my car!

I think it uses the WiFi connection and I managed to frig my home WiFi to see it once. Not done it since, mind!

I've got tech pack without connect and have imported picture destinations from SD card. I don't have a picture destinations option showing in My Audi though - only map updates and special destinations. I've used the latter for speed camera databases from PocketGPSWorld.
There must be a reason for issuing a PIN so might try inputting the PIN in the MMI and seeing if anything happens over WiFi.

Now I'm missing something.....the 'Audi Connect' option on the Menu screen of course. So I have no way of accessing the menu where I input the My Audi PIN. So why have I been issued with one by Audi? And how come V8 has seemingly managed a WiFi hookup to My Audi without connect? Mystery after mystery.

There is a kind of pseudo-Wifi available even without Connect, if you have the most recent software. It allows you to stream music from a phone running the MMI app but not sure what else you can do with it. If you go to Media then Sources, you'll see it as the bottom option.

How did you stream Spotify through Wifi? Sure you don't mean bluetooth?

With Wifi and the smartphone MMI app, you're limited to listening to what the app will stream as far as I'm aware - which is a limited list of obscure crap to be honest.

The only way you can stream other services like spotify is to use bluetooth I think.

Reactions: Phil-1
This solution worked for me:

FIRST GO TO: https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi

Either create an account or log into an account

Make sure your vehicle is present.

If not, add using the VIN

Scroll down and click on “audi connect services” icon

A new window (Https://my.audi.com should open (make sure you allow pop ups)

STEP 1 – VERIFY OWNERSHIP

At the top of the page, click “Audi connect user management” link

Complete form and send of to the dealer to be verified

STEP 2 – GET PIN

From top of page, click “My Vehicles” icon

Then Select “Display all Vehicles”

A picture of your car generic model will come up with a red icon underneath it.

Click an icon and you get a MMI PIN

STEP 3 – CONNECT CAR TO MMI

Go to your car

Go to Navigation Menu > Destination > Online Destination > Click it and it will ask for your PIN.

Enter it and your car will now be connected to your phone MMI app