S3 ordered

ryang1993

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the world of forums so please take it easy on me! I've been lurking about for a while though and can hopefully can abide by the rules...

Anyway, as a 22nd birthday present to myself I, last week while bored at work, placed an order for my first Audi. A Sepang Blue 3dr with manual gearbox. I think I'll also spec privacy glass and Audi Sound System. I do circa 5k per year so can't really justify nav etc.

For me, being 22, the biggest surprise is how cheaply it is to insure. With my parents as named drivers quotes range anywhere from £300-£450 dependent on insurer. I believe my postcode is among one of the cheapest in the UK which helps out....a lot.

Anyway, my order form was sent on Saturday (Coventry Audi, through carwow) and I can't wait. I was quoted April delivery, how likely a timescale is this?

Cheers,

Ryan

Reactions: David83S3 and Sandra
Hi Ryan, welcome to audi-sport.net. We are all very friendly and helpful in here. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Welcome to the forum Ryan

April is definitely doable, 3 month seems the norm. And let me tell you, it's a long 3 months.

This forum definitely helps pass the time.

Reactions: David83S3 and elpaulio
Hi Ryan, welcome to audi-sport.net. We are all very friendly and helpful in here. Enjoy the forum. :) x
Thanks Sandra!

There's a lot of great advice/info on here. This and a large dose of youtube should hopefully get me through the long wait!

Reactions: Sandra
I can imagine :( will need to keep myself busy and stop myself fantasising at work haha!

Reactions: Sandra
Hey!
I ordered on December 16th from Derby Audi and have Build Week 7 confirmed so yours sounds about right. My 4th S3... I'm an addict.

J

Sorry- build week 7 is 3rd week of February and then delivery to dealership takes 4 weeks

Hey!
I ordered on December 16th from Derby Audi and have Build Week 7 confirmed so yours sounds about right. My 4th S3... I'm an addict.

J
Just the 4!? That is an addiction right there. Not a bad one mind you...

Excellent! I presume it takes a few weeks for the vehicle to be transported from factory to dealer?

Hi & :welcome!: to ASN Ryan!

Nice spec on the S3 buddy. Now see if you can resist adding any more options. I only added 3 & changed the colour twice lol

Reactions: elpaulio
I can see the wait costing me a fortune in added extras. Must resist

Yup, its addictive changing things and tweaking here and there lol!!
The only way to resist is never read anything about options again until you've got your car....but wheres the fun in that??

Haha! Couldn't agree more. Ideally I would fall asleep wake up and it'd be April. Pretty unlikely mind you....

I have a week ski-ing booked for the last week in March. Would be great to come home and pick up after!

Hi all,

I'm new to the world of forums so please take it easy on me! I've been lurking about for a while though and can hopefully can abide by the rules...

Anyway, as a 22nd birthday present to myself I, last week while bored at work, placed an order for my first Audi. A Sepang Blue 3dr with manual gearbox. I think I'll also spec privacy glass and Audi Sound System. I do circa 5k per year so can't really justify nav etc.

For me, being 22, the biggest surprise is how cheaply it is to insure. With my parents as named drivers quotes range anywhere from £300-£450 dependent on insurer. I believe my postcode is among one of the cheapest in the UK which helps out....a lot.

Anyway, my order form was sent on Saturday (Coventry Audi, through carwow) and I can't wait. I was quoted April delivery, how likely a timescale is this?

Cheers,

Ryan

Congrats on your purchase; it'll be nice to have another young member (I'm 21 atm) on here. I had a spec in mind pretty much as soon as I ordered the car so now you've done that don't let anyone change your mind i.e the f***ing mono.pur crap everyone's always battering on about!

I too was shocked at the insurance quote I was expecting circa 1grand but mines coming back around the £600 mark with 10K and business use on it too plus one of my named drivers had an accident in 2013. you must have no points/ accidents and 5 years no claims right?

You'd be surprised about the wait I ordered mine Nov 3 for March the wait is excruciating but I choose it to be that way for good reason, seems to be going faster now I am over the half way point!

Nice one! What spec have you gone for?

Haha, I'm genuinely bemused by this mono.pur fascination. Am I right in thinking that it's the stitching on the leather or something?

Yep, that's right. I'll have had my license for 5 years in May so it's possible that it will come down even further. To be fair, I wouldn't have considered a £30k 300hp car if the insurance was going to put me off....

You are indeed over the hump as they say!

Hi & :welcome!: to ASN Ryan!

Nice spec on the S3 buddy. Now see if you can resist adding any more options. I only added 3 & changed the colour twice lol

How long after you have ordered can you change stuff????

Welcome to the "waiting for S3 club" Ryan :) 3DR Manual ....nice choice!! Did you test drive an S-tronic?

Nice one! What spec have you gone for?

Haha, I'm genuinely bemused by this mono.pur fascination. Am I right in thinking that it's the stitching on the leather or something?

Yep, that's right. I'll have had my license for 5 years in May so it's possible that it will come down even further. To be fair, I wouldn't have considered a £30k 300hp car if the insurance was going to put me off....

You are indeed over the hump as they say!

S3 5dr S-tronic Sepang blue, comfort pack, tech pack, privacy glass, cruise control, rear parking sensors, Audi sound system.
Yeah do a search on the forum for it you'll find plenty of information/ people obsessing over it.
I'ts not that it puts me off I hate the feeling that I'm getting ripped off 5K in insurance premiums in 5 years not one cent claimed....... and they still justify me as a "risk" the whole way the industry works is wrong a minority of young people have crashes so all of us must pay for something that may never happen to us in a lifetime!!!!!
Over the hump but allot of walking still to be done !

Hope you got a good deal with the Carwow they were offers in November were great, you local to conventry?
S-tronic didn't do it for you especially since we are the "playstation generation"?

Congrats mate!

Woo, didn't think there was any younger S3 owners on forum! (Not calling anyone old)

I'll be collecting my car in April if all goes well!

Yeah I was surprised how cheap insurance is too, 600 quid on admiral!

My current car, a BMW 118i is an auto and although a completely different car, I wanted to go manual again. I had contemplated a new TT but couldnt justify the extra cost over the S3. I love the understated styling, audi do it so much better. The m135i, in my opinion, is just a bit boring looking.

Yeah I think the final discount was circa £3.5k which I was delighted with. I'm from Scotland and the dealers up here don't seem to be able to come close. I couldn't be bothered with the haggle and the trip back up with the new car will be a great opportunity to familiarise myself with her!

My daily commute is 5 miles round. I'll definitely be finding the "long way" home more often ;)

Congrats mate!

Woo, didn't think there was any younger S3 owners on forum! (Not calling anyone old)

I'll be collecting my car in April if all goes well!

Yeah I was surprised how cheap insurance is too, 600 quid on admiral!

That's because everyone else our age is driving a Chorsa vxr (CHAV in a Corsa).
Your insurance quote makes me feel a little bit better about mine!

Yeah I think the final discount was circa £3.5k which I was delighted with. I'm from Scotland and the dealers up here don't seem to be able to come close. I couldn't be bothered with the haggle and the trip back up with the new car will be a great opportunity to familiarise myself with her!

My daily commute is 5 miles round. I'll definitely be finding the "long way" home more often ;)
You can get yourself in the 400+ mile range/ covered distance club whilst your on your way back haha!

Yup so many people finding Scottish dealerships miles away from the english ones I started my hunt in Aberdeen ended up at Guilford.

A few trips through the Cairngorms on the old military roads and out towards oban area are a must from what I've heard /driven!

Last edited:
But it's not just any corsa, it's a limited edition corsa. 1 of 535,563.

Reactions: David83S3 and rikia93

You can get yourself in the 400+ mile range/ covered distance club whilst your on your way back haha!

Yup so many people finding Scottish dealerships miles away from the english ones I started my hunt in Aberdeen ended up at Guilford.

A few trips through the Cairngorms on the old military roads and out towards oban area are a must from what I've heard /driven!

Hahaaa tell me about it!

Have enough of them around my area, boy racers constantly up and down the dual carriage way!

It's amazing how cheap it is on insurance, the quotes for an m135i was double

I too bought from Coventry through orange wheels, got a great deal!

Hahaaa tell me about it!

Have enough of them around my area, boy racers constantly up and down the dual carriage way!

It's amazing how cheap it is on insurance, the quotes for an m135i was double

I too bought from Coventry through orange wheels, got a great deal!

:p yeah thinking that their Vauxhalls are the best/fastest cars going when the S3 will easily eat them so why they bother proving it only embarassing themselves!! plus you can't put class and a Vauxhall together!

Can't believe the M135I would be double considering it's the same car but I suppose RWD might have something to do with it along with 3.0petrol....

:p yeah thinking that their Vauxhalls are the best/fastest cars going when the S3 will easily eat them so why they bother proving it only embarassing themselves!! plus you can't put class and a Vauxhall together!

Can't believe the M135I would be double considering it's the same car but I suppose RWD might have something to do with it along with 3.0petrol....

I like that the S3 could easily be considered a 2.0tdi (nothing against them whatsoever!) but with a firm push on the right pedal would take any green Nurburgring VXR. Very true indeed. Some proper badge snobbery but who cares, I work hard and want something quality! :)

Possibly. One of the big put offs for me is how close the new model is due....

Yep I posted in one of the other threads saying that at our age getting noticed in something flashy and shouty look at me like the WRX STI Mercedes A45 AMG, Chorsa VXR and Astra VXR etc is just asking for trouble and points, subtly blending in is an art plus anyone half educated about cars can spot the extra styling cues.
Badge snobbery guilty as charged ...:kissmyrings::audibash:

Yeah that too plus you can barely get anything in the rea seats of a 5 door let alone a 3door M135I.

yeah i know, i think it is more to do with being a 3 litre and my age etc!

As it was quite hefty to get insured on my mums new 335d although on paper its about the same as the S3

Yep I posted in one of the other threads saying that at our age getting noticed in something flashy and shouty look at me like the WRX STI Mercedes A45 AMG, Chorsa VXR and Astra VXR etc is just asking for trouble and points, subtly blending in is an art plus anyone half educated about cars can spot the extra styling cues.
Badge snobbery guilty as charged ...:kissmyrings::audibash:

Yeah that too plus you can barely get anything in the rea seats of a 5 door let alone a 3door M135I.

yes to be fair i did notice this!

When i turned 17 i had an A3 s line through a company car scheme, i used to get pulled over quite a lot!

Not because i was driving stupidly, it would be that police would see my face etc at traffic lights and decide to pull me over for a snoop! Would get very annoying!

I used to have a 1 series m sport 3dr aswell and i found it not too bad for space. used to be able to get the dog in the boot and stuff. Only thing is no one could sit behind me as i am 6ft3.

Although i doubt anyone would fit behind me in the s3 either!

Usually around 2 weeks or so. There's nothing exact, BUT you must make sure any changes are added before its 'locked'
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2286597

Best contact your supplying Dealer if any doubt Dave :thumbs up:

Ha...Yeah I ain't even going to check as that boat has most definitely sailed!! I ordered 29th November .....

I did have a word with myself last night and have decided to stop looking at the options and maybe get some sleep at night :jester:. My biggest indecisiveness has been the Parade Red Seats .......:think: ...... :indecisiveness: ........Some days I think ..."Are they a bit in your face" ....but other days I think ..." Yeah they will look really nice" ....

Too late now anyway :flush:

yes to be fair i did notice this!

I used to have a 1 series m sport 3dr aswell and i found it not too bad for space. used to be able to get the dog in the boot and stuff. Only thing is no one could sit behind me as i am 6ft3.

Although i doubt anyone would fit behind me in the s3 either!

Im 6ft2 and in my current 8P sportback I can have someone up to 5ft 8 ish behind me, isn't the cabin space in the 8V a little bit bigger?

Ha...Yeah I ain't even going to check as that boat has most definitely sailed!! I ordered 29th November .....

I did have a word with myself last night and have decided to stop looking at the options and maybe get some sleep at night :jester:. My biggest indecisiveness has been the Parade Red Seats .......:think: ...... :indecisiveness: ........Some days I think ..."Are they a bit in your face" ....but other days I think ..." Yeah they will look really nice" ....

Too late now anyway :flush:

Think of it as a cost to benefit ratio ! helped me to not spec too many options !

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forums, an S3 is a nice birthday present to yourself! It's good to see young people doing well for themselves ;)

Reactions: rikia93
Hi Ryan and welcome to the forums, an S3 is a nice birthday present to yourself! It's good to see young people doing well for themselves ;)
It certainly is, this wait is going to drive me insane though!

Just waiting on a provisional build week, hopefully not too long. Thank you! Spent the last 4 years at University so it's time to treat myself ;)

For an idea I ordered on the 6th October, 11th December I got an email to say it was on it's way to the UK, 17th December it was at the local dealership! Now packed off to their compound until March.

What did you do at uni? I had a 21 year old undergrad working with me a few months back that was doing an engineering degree, he was originally from Sri lanka and was one of the nicest people I have ever met of any age! He restored my faith in the younger generation lol.

I'll be up North in June with the wife, we're going around the Oban/Skye area for a holiday....looking forward to that drive ;)

Im 6ft2 and in my current 8P sportback I can have someone up to 5ft 8 ish behind me, isn't the cabin space in the 8V a little bit bigger?

Think of it as a cost to benefit ratio ! helped me to not spec too many options !

I have quite long legs and have bad knees so I sit quite low and far back so I think that's more of the reason for there being no space behind me!

I studied economics and finance, now training to be a management accountant. All very fun, honest.

Haha we're not all bad! Can't say I've been that far North to be honest, the central belt tends to be my area.

May have to go a bit further afield in the S3 though. It would be rude not too, right?

Not too late to change the colour Ryan.

Welcome to the Forum mate.

lol
For an idea I ordered on the 6th October, 11th December I got an email to say it was on it's way to the UK, 17th December it was at the local dealership! Now packed off to their compound until March.

What did you do at uni? I had a 21 year old undergrad working with me a few months back that was doing an engineering degree, he was originally from Sri lanka and was one of the nicest people I have ever met of any age! He restored my faith in the younger generation lol.

I'll be up North in June with the wife, we're going around the Oban/Skye area for a holiday....looking forward to that drive ;)

That's a pretty long wait there!

Shame that faith was lost in the first place! still some good young people around just seems to be less of us...

Better take a trip around the Cairngorms whilst your at it some of the roads are like something you would imagine car heaven to be like actually since your taking the wife ..... dual carriage ways or is she a petrolhead?