Misting up help needed

chrismoore

Reaction score
Hi guys need your help

This is not the first time this has happen in fact many times. once i have de-misted my car and on my way going down the motorway and everything is fine then within 5 - 10 seconds i can barley see out my car as it just mists up. does anyone know what causing this or even if your car does it bit worry as its getting dangerous

here a picture after pull in to a service station and it started to demist again.
11huhe9.jpg

If you have your Climate control on Auto with the AC on as well, i believe it will switch the AC on and off automatically. Its when the AC is off you will get sudden misting when it has been on. Also get your pollen filters changed this will help too ;)

You may have water leaking into the cabin from the windscreen, door seals or blocked a/c drain tubes, the ones that are under the car roughly in line with the bulkhead. Have a feel under the footwell carpets to see if they are wet and leave the engine running at standstill with the a/c on and check under the car, you should see water dripping from a/c unit drain tubes, if it doesn't the tubes are blocked. There are also drain tubes from the heater air intake just forward of the windscreen, check for leaf blockage in there.
It may also be the case your good self and passengers are breathing too heavy for the a/c to keep up with the dehumidifying process, are you up to something in there :sex:

Reactions: DJ_26
I had the same problem when I bought a car that was sitting in a garage for 4 or 5 months ! Buy some silica crystal cat litter fill an old sock up and put it under the seat , that should soak up any extra moisture in the car

Hi guys need your help

This is not the first time this has happen in fact many times. once i have de-misted my car and on my way going down the motorway and everything is fine then within 5 - 10 seconds i can barley see out my car as it just mists up. does anyone know what causing this or even if your car does it bit worry as its getting dangerous

here a picture after pull in to a service station and it started to demist again.
11huhe9.jpg

That is the carbon filter,also known as pollen filter,its clogged mate,change it,that will 100% cure your problem,its located under glove box,theres a plastic panel under glovebox/footwell area,pop ya head under/behind glovebox,theres a white(sometimes black) rectangular plastic cover slide it back pull out the filter,replace with new one,making sure you check exactly how the old one is fitted,make sure it fits in the same way.
best is get a genuine one,you can go elsewhere,but make sure you get a carbon filter.

pollen filter will fit,heres the difference........pollen filter traps pollen,carbon filter traps pollen and outside pollution,smoke from other cars infront,getting into your cabin/car. carbon are grey in colour,pollen are white.
bet the one you take out is either wet/damp or just clogged,either way change it and i guarantee your problems solved....let me know how you get on.

Reactions: S3DUST
That is the carbon filter,also known as pollen filter,its clogged mate,change it,that will 100% cure your problem,its located under glove box,theres a plastic panel under glovebox/footwell area,pop ya head under/behind glovebox,theres a white(sometimes black) rectangular plastic cover slide it back pull out the filter,replace with new one,making sure you check exactly how the old one is fitted,make sure it fits in the same way.
best is get a genuine one,you can go elsewhere,but make sure you get a carbon filter.

pollen filter will fit,heres the difference........pollen filter traps pollen,carbon filter traps pollen and outside pollution,smoke from other cars infront,getting into your cabin/car. carbon are grey in colour,pollen are white.
bet the one you take out is either wet/damp or just clogged,either way change it and i guarantee your problems solved....let me know how you get on.
That's been exactly my findings mate! Also when AC is turned off it smells like a wet hover bag.;-)

Right thanks for the replys guys. The pollon was changed just before christmas all with parts from tps. Just going to check the pipes now.

wet hoover bag....good description........everytime the heaters come on you get a right wif

Reactions: S3DUST
check pollen again........could be wet,maybe waters got in.

unless your heater matrix is weeping,then u will get misting........check for wetness around front area,footwells and side of gearstick just by center console.........ive known water leaking in in the boot,if you use the rear wash wipe,the pipe pops off and leaks water in spare wheel area.

So the pollen fillter is still dry and clean. There is no damp in any of the footwells or the spare wheel well. The ac pipe im guessing is behind the exhaust heat shild and is also dripping and clean.
IMAG0125

remove pollen filter,see if that helps,if it does,go from there,cud be fitted wrong way round or sumat.

Mine mists up like that too mate right ****** pain, I clean my windscreen then apply rain-x anti fog it works a treat and lasts for months!

OK thanks ill try both of these things even though i find rain x to smell last time i used it.

my a3 sportback,never mists up,so you guys defo have an issue somewhere