Frozen MMI

wolfie138

Reaction score
left for work yester morning, went to put the music on, couldn't get the MMI to work - none of the buttons would respond. about 9mins into the journey i happened to be stopped at lights and i heard the CD booting-up noise, i hit the music button again and all was working. this morning, i switched on and noted that there was no CD/Nav booting noise and yep, the display was frozen again, no response to the buttons and time not updated. at almost exactly the same point as yesterday, the MMI display went off for two or three seconds (the exact time i pressed the aircon button, though i assume that was just a wacky coincidence), time updated then the music etc was working fine again.
any ideas?

total lack of response last time, but maybe others have come across it since?
happened again this morning. powered off ok last night as far as i'm aware, set off this morning and none of the MMI buttons would work, just got the splash screen on the display. turned the ignition off/on at traffic lights, nothing. had a bit fiddle w/ buttons [i thought there was a kinda Ctrl+Alt+delete option to reboot?] didn't seem to do anything then a couple mins later the display went black, then came back, then it was working ok again - the display had a little issue - it was showing the driver's temp dial and wouldn't go until i changed to Nav and back - but it seems ok now.

It has happened to me twice since getting the car back at the end of May this year. I assume is a glitch with the system and only way to get it sorted for me is to wait for it to return.