Lowering springs

Josh-h

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently had a service on my Audi A3 Sportback S-Line and been notified I have a snapped spring. Just a question if anyone can help I'm after just setting the car on lowering springs instead of changing the 1. Any recommendation about how low to go and make ect.

Thanks.

The height is personal preference, most people I know measure from the arch to the wheel and decide how far down they want to go...

Brand wise heard nothing but good things about eibach pro springs but never experienced them myself, had cheap springs on previous cars and must say the ride was horrendous... I think you get what you pay for, also it appears majority of people update theyre shocks along with the springs too, blistein seems to be the popular choice !

Hope this helps some!

I would recommend Eibach Pro-Kit for a mild drop and Eibach Sportline for a more aggressive one. They lower the car approximately 15 and 25mm respectively (since S-Line is already lower than SE).

I have had both on my car and recommend the Pro-Kit for mild lowering and better than factory ride. The only issue with the Pro-Kit is they keep the reverse rake (front higher than rear of the car) which the Sportline even out.

You may want to change the dampers and if you're keeping the car it would make sense to, so you don't pay labour twice.

Contact @DPM - Damien is really helpful and I bought my springs off him.

Reactions: Josh-h and DPM
I was also looking into the Eibach Pro Kit. On the s-line it will give you a 5mm drop on the 30mm springs. I did notice that there are two types (part numbers) depending on front axle weight. One was around 1020kg and the other was 1180 or similar. I was advised on the 1020kg ones. I'm wondering as mentioned that the front is higher as they are the stronger 1180kg and they don't allow the front to drop to the level it should. It also depends on whether you have a manual or auto gearbox, as there is a weight difference. Hope this helps.!

For your information:
Pro Kit for A3 8P Sportback 1.8tfsi, 2.0tfsi, 2.0tdi FWD 09/04>
Part number E10-15-007-07-22
Lowering 30mm front and rear (5mm overall if an s-line)
Front axle weight upto 1130kg
Rear axle weight upto 1160kg.
--------
A3 8P Sportback 1.4tfsi, 1.6tdi, 1.8tfsi, 1.9tdi, 2.0fsi, 2.0tfsi FWD 09/04>
Part number: E10-15-007-06-22.
Same lowering as above.
Front axle weight upto 1020kg
Rear axle weight upto 1160kg.

If it's a Quattro then they differ too, so check that.
As I said I have 2007 A3 2.0tfsi Sportback s-line and I was advised to go with the latter option.

I was also looking into the Eibach Pro Kit. On the s-line it will give you a 5mm drop on the 30mm springs.

It will deffo lower more than 5mm. The quoted 30mm drop for Pro-Kit springs is the minimum the car will lower. My car lowered around 15-20mm - it's on Pro-Kit now. Previously was on Sportline.

Well from what I have read, the s-line is already 25mm lower than a standard SE model. The 30mm pro kit was therefore going to drop 30mm on a standard SE as opposed to a 5mm drop on the s-line, which is already 25mm lower as standard.

Thanks for all the comments I was unsure how low cuz it is sitting low already as standard. Am I right saying just stick 30mm drop cuz the it's already standard low so will make it around 40ect.

Hi all,

Been looking at eibach sport line lowering spring kit. Lowers front 35mm rear 30mm.

From demon tweeks.

I've just bought H&R for my sportback.

Don't have them in yet, coming from Germany.

They're 35mm springs, my car is a Sport which is 15mm lower than a standard car, so with the H&R I should get 20mm drop from what I'm at now.

If you have the S-line model already then you need to take off around 15mm from any quoted drop.

If I can be any help with info or prices please let me know.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: Sayam
H&R's came today, should get them in shortly :)

Any photos and how low you go as got sportback too?

I'm interested to know what you went with. I have an Audi A3 S line too, and I want to lower it to the same height as an S3/RS3 ... I really don't know whether to go for the HR, Pro kit, or sportline... Please let me which one you get or if you have any pics, that would be great. Thanks

I've never used H&R but from sitting in other people's cars I think they are stiffer than Eibach springs. Both the Pro-Kit and Sportline seem more progressive, i.e. the more you 'lean' on them, the stiffer they get.

I can deffo vouch for the quality of both versions of Eibach spring, they are brilliant. If you need picture of car on stock dampers and Pro-Kit springs send me a PM...