Google Maps Navigation

Bobblejones

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am expecting delivery of my new A5 sportback black edition plus next week

Can anyone confirm if the satnav in the MMI can display the google maps overlay when connected to my phone over bluetooth

Can anyone also let me know how useful the traffic info is for rerouting you to avoid traffic jams etc. Navigon on my iPhone i great but i hope to not have to use it now i will have satnav built into the car?

Thanks
Matt

The Google maps option uses an extra SIM in the car dashboard and can only be used if you have the Audi Connect option on the MMI.

Did you specify Audi Connect? If not, then no it won't.

If you have then as mentioned, and as you are an iPhone user, you'll need a separate SIM for the dash. Or change to a phone that supports the rSAP bluetooth protocol. If you have specified it then the Google connectivity does seem to provide much better updates than relying on TMC.

N
Did you specify Audi Connect? If not, then no it won't.

If you have then as mentioned, and as you are an iPhone user, you'll need a separate SIM for the dash. Or change to a phone that supports the rSAP bluetooth protocol. If you have specified it then the Google connectivity does seem to provide much better updates than relying on TMC.
Nope I didn't specify connect plus but wondered if there was some kind of MMI hack to enable it. Never mind will have plenty of other stuff when I pick it up next week!