Close call today

S32B

Reaction score
I had a heart in the mouth moment today!

Went to Audi to sign all the paperwork ready for my collection on wednesday :) On the way home I called in at the chippy for my dinner (wife is away), so I'm waiting for my steak pie and chips looking out at my 'weekend cleaned' car that I am selling 9am this Wednesday thinking 'that does look nice'. Then a car reversed way too fast out of a space and was headed straight for the side of my car :eek: my heart jumped into my mouth waiting for the BANG :keule: I don't know if the driver was just an idiot or that he had hit that gas pedal a bit too hard, but he managed to stop with a big jerking motion about a foot before he hit it!!! Even another customer walked in through the door saw me looking out and said "Woooo that was close", to which I replied "Tell me about it, thats my car he almost hit".

Imagine that less than 48 hours before you sell it some idiot reverses into it...think I'd have killed him lol.

Reactions: Pulp84 and phil1824
Must have been horrible.... Glad it was ok. Hope the food was good

HATE seeing stuff like that - you see it more than you should. Lots of bad drivers around....

lol I had to wait a while before I got stuck in as I had that horrible feeling in my stomach...you know the one you get after it's just turned over lol. So I spent that time getting the cover note via Audi insurance so that they can tax the car....spoke to a lovely girl on the phone, she was a bundle of joy :)

But yes the food was nice....I must send the wife away more often lol ;)

HATE seeing stuff like that - you see it more than you should. Lots of bad drivers around....
I actually saw someone reverse into another car there a few months back in the same car park, he then went to drive off without stopping (he was in a nice new fiesta ST as well), when he saw me holding my phone up to take a pic he stopped, got out, had a quick look and said all is fine and drove off! I waited for the other car owner to come back and told him, he looked and said there was no damage, I said "Mate, he hit it that hard he lifted it up, there could be damage underneath", I left my name and number and drove off. A few hours later he called me to thank me for stopping to tell him, he said as he went to drive off there was a grinding noise coming from under his front wing and bumper, he went inside the shop to see if they had CCTV...they did and he saw it all, he said he was shocked with the force that he had hit it, then just looked at his own car and drove off.

He had contacted the Police and they were getting a copy of the CCTV and would be going after the other driver :) That was the last I heard, so hopefully they got him.

Reactions: Pulp84
Jamie would have been rubbing his hands together

It is an offence to drive off from the scene of an 'accident'. Hope the culprit was prosecuted. Scum like this make my blood boil. No respect

Reactions: elpaulio