Rear Reverse sensors

Zache

Reaction score
Quick question as part of the comfort package , is it just bleep noises you get with the reverse sensors ?

Yes that's all you get unless you spec the higher parking pack which has a display on the screen that indicates how close you are. Or as said above you can have a camera as well

If you've just got the rear sensors then you can activate visual display using VCDS.
Can you really? Even without speccing the higher park package? What sort of price is a VCDS controller? There's a few nifty things I want to enable on there

Can you really? Even without speccing the higher park package? What sort of price is a VCDS controller? There's a few nifty things I want to enable on there
You can indeed.
Have a look at the VCDS map, there might be someone near you with a cable.
Most people are happy to help.

Si :)

I am definately going to do this as wrongly assumed with a near 40k car you would get the visual display when reversing....is there a guide to the parking sensor display mod? Have tried searching.

Yes Here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/8v-vcds-mods.206515/page-5#post-2079484

To be honest, the display is used more for the passengers to look at, when I'm reversing, I'm too busy looking at both door mirrors and listening to the beeps.

Having the visual representation can also be a bit of a double edged sword - it will be very nice to have the display on the MMI, but - in reality - even with PDC sensors and beeps, surely you should be actually looking in the door mirrors, or even out of the rear window whilst reversing?

I say this with experience - backing out of a supermarket car space - the beeps/display didn't pick up a fast approaching car not willing to stop to let me out of the space, instead choosing to just drive past (as is their right of way) - and I only slammed the brakes on when catching sight of them whizzing past in the rear view mirror. The beeps hadn't had time to beep/register/

Sometimes, relying on the beeps or MMI display isn't the best thing to do, especially reversing out into the open! There is the danger that with the nice visual representation on the MMI, you could be looking at that instead of out of the windows or mirrors!

:)

Reactions: koder and mjcourtney
Yes Here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/8v-vcds-mods.206515/page-5#post-2079484

To be honest, the display is used more for the passengers to look at, when I'm reversing, I'm too busy looking at both door mirrors and listening to the beeps.

Having the visual representation can also be a bit of a double edged sword - it will be very nice to have the display on the MMI, but - in reality - even with PDC sensors and beeps, surely you should be actually looking in the door mirrors, or even out of the rear window whilst reversing?

I say this with experience - backing out of a supermarket car space - the beeps/display didn't pick up a fast approaching car not willing to stop to let me out of the space, instead choosing to just drive past (as is their right of way) - and I only slammed the brakes on when catching sight of them whizzing past in the rear view mirror. The beeps hadn't had time to beep/register/

Sometimes, relying on the beeps or MMI display isn't the best thing to do, especially reversing out into the open! There is the danger that with the nice visual representation on the MMI, you could be looking at that instead of out of the windows or mirrors!

:)

Thanks for that....been okay with the visual display so far, reverse cam is the one I nearly came unstuck with and got too dependant on it.Tend to be old school and look out the rear windscreen then side mirrors and then listen to when the beep is indicating that I'm close to something, I might glance at the display too. I don't rely on them fully but is a nice mod to have and has its uses.