Facelift Rear Sensors Issue

The Kendragon

Reaction score
Had Audi Assist out tonight as I had the tyre pressure warning light come on whilst driving home. It turned out a pot hole from the weekend had buckled an alloy so I’ve ordered a new one for £200 (OUCH!) :’( At the same time the rear sensors stopped working all of a sudden. On the MMI (when in the ‘Car’ section, ‘Driver Assist’, ‘Parking Aid’) the option is greyed out and when I put the car into reverse it says the selected system is currently unavailable. Anyone had this?

Thanks,

Steven :)

Attachments

• 57A40EB2-06F1-4465-92C5-EACB5F29204F.jpeg
    57A40EB2-06F1-4465-92C5-EACB5F29204F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
What did assistance do to reset your TPMS?

That seems like a coding issue....
Try and find the MMI reset for the FL, I can’t recall which buttons to use. You press and hold buttons in a squeeze until it shuts down and reboots, worth a go.

What did assistance do to reset your TPMS?

That seems like a coding issue....
Try and find the MMI reset for the FL, I can’t recall which buttons to use. You press and hold buttons in a squeeze until it shuts down and reboots, worth a go.
You just go into ‘Car’, ‘Servicing & Checks’, ‘Tyre Pressure’ then store them. Light goes off about a second later but you can’t be moving :) AA guy found a warning on the system for communication error so I’m in Bath Audi at the moment about to have some serious words. It was in a week ago....

Reactions: AudiNutta
So... The pot hole I've hit has now cost me over £650. 2 x new alloys at £200 each, 2 x new tyres at £100 each and a 4 wheel alignment at £90. Audi won't take the car until it's been repaired so I've ordered the alloys and am waiting for them before booking it in. They don't think anything else is damaged but can't tell until the new tyres and alloys are on there. I'm hoping I've not bent the steering rack! Once fixed they'll book it in to look at the parking sensor issue and make sure nothing else is damaged. What a bummer before Christmas!

Well, I know this no comfort, but if it had been an S3 those tyres and alloys would have cost you a lot more...One S3 19" OEM alloy is about 600 quid.

Well, I know this no comfort, but if it had been an S3 those tyres and alloys would have cost you a lot more...One S3 19" OEM alloy is about 600 quid.
I know and for that reason I'm very glad that I'm not using the original Audi alloys :sweatsmile: The roads near me are shocking because the lorries and tractors batter them!

I managed to pick up a 'garage spare ' wheel for 'only' £250 ( no tyre), excellent condition - but consider I was very lucky !

So... The pot hole I've hit has now cost me over £650. 2 x new alloys at £200 each, 2 x new tyres at £100 each and a 4 wheel alignment at £90. Audi won't take the car until it's been repaired so I've ordered the alloys and am waiting for them before booking it in. They don't think anything else is damaged but can't tell until the new tyres and alloys are on there. I'm hoping I've not bent the steering rack! Once fixed they'll book it in to look at the parking sensor issue and make sure nothing else is damaged. What a bummer before Christmas!

I thought I had bad luck!

Watch out for them potholes for future reference ;)

£100 is cheap for a Continental?

Reactions: The Kendragon
I thought I had bad luck!

Watch out for them potholes for future reference ;)

£100 is cheap for a Continental?

Halfords offer the Conti Sport Contact 5 for £101.99 fitted in a 225/40/18 AO

Reactions: Jassyo06
Not true, mine cost £900 when Audi damaged it.

Well, you are getting ripped off, that is the Canadian price of $1010 with a dealer discount which converts to about 600 quid. I sussed this out prior to getting my alloy repaired for some curb rash, which cost about 200 quid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Well, you are getting ripped off, that is the Canadian price of $1010 with a dealer discount which converts to about 600 quid. I sussed this out prior to getting my alloy repaired for some curb rash, which cost about 200 quid.

I didn’t pay, it was damaged and I heard the dealer say the 19” wing arm alloy was £900.