Where can I get methanol

S3 Hilife

It's an addiction
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I need to buy some more methanol today but I cant seem to get it anywhere now. I've tried all the VAG group dealers around Kings Lynn looking for their Quantum screen wash and none of them sell it anymore. They only sell the 0.5L bottles of concentrate but I have no clue what's in it. I've also tried the local model shops who dont stock pure methanol.

Do Halfords do a methanol 50/50 screen wash or similar.

Why does nobody sell it anymore?

Steve

Just get it from a local chemical supplier, I bet theres a few in nearby industrial estates.

Its cheaper if you buy in bulk

Image0096.jpg

eBay under nearest first is usually a good bet as find people that bulk buy for biofuel etc and sell some on

I ended up ordering 20L of Quantum from Scoda for £20. Its amaizing how you can't just walk in and pick up a 5L bottle anymore.
If anybody needs a part number to order some it is:
ZGB00QSWC05L

Steve

I bought 25L last year off a seller off E-bay for £29,It seems the price of Methanol has gone up as just had a look and it's now nearly £39.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Methanol-...456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item258d943980

I tried all the local chemical supply places around me and they were all more expensive except for small quantities than what I paid for it to be delivered of E-bay.
Theres no point in buying screen wash as most of the time you won't know how much methanol is in it.

Karl.

I bought 25L last year off a seller off E-bay for £29,It seems the price of Methanol has gone up as just had a look and it's now nearly £39.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Methanol-...456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item258d943980

I tried all the local chemical supply places around me and they were all more expensive except for small quantities than what I paid for it to be delivered of E-bay.
Theres no point in buying screen wash as most of the time you won't know how much methanol is in it.

Karl.
That price includes a £10ish delivery price, I picked some up from them not long back and it was around £28 for 25L.