DTM Front bumper and DRL

DerClown

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little rushing ahead, as I have some other stuff to do with my Cab, but I'm generating some ideas.
I don't remember when I used fog lights, so tu put them doesn't make sense for me. But DRL I would use a lot, since they supposed to be used in daylight and night as well.
I found couple pics how chaps put DRL on they DTM front bumpers.
Like this one:
dscn02872.jpg

You can find DIY thread here:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/479970-Led-DRL-Lights-(S6-alternatives)-to-DTM-bumper
But I really don't like the idea tu cut kinda expensive DTM lower grills to put cheap chineese DRL's.

I found this alternative, but no thread what DRL is ised. They should fill the small grill holes completely ant look kinda clean, no need to cut anything, just remove the grill's.
P280410_20100001.jpg

What you think ?

Non oem drl's look tacky :( just put led bulbs in your xenon headlamps

The top pic looks ok, or.....
Put S6 drls on that bumper.
I think I've seen it done on both dtm , s-line bumpers at audizine and they looked insane.
5883070285_bd2379df44_b.jpg

19dd_1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't the standard drl the bulb next to headlight bulb? It is on my car. Where as the fog lights are used as the coming home lights.

There's no such thing as standard DRL for the B7's
quite number of options thou including the one you have dodsie75

err, mine came with DRL as standard fitting from factory.

Oh.. I take that back then....
was under the impression that DRL came with the B8's / aftermarket trend.
didn't know there was a oem option for them.
Still... we're talking about DRL as only side light,or bulb withing the headlight kind, not DRL as LED strips.

Oh.. I take that back then....
was under the impression that DRL came with the B8's / aftermarket trend.
didn't know there was a oem option for them.
Still... we're talking about DRL as only side light,or bulb withing the headlight kind, not DRL as LED strips.
The standard drl is a different bulb (not strips like you said) it is the inner most bulb nearest the grill, the sidelight bulb sits in the same light chamber but is smaller and sits above it in the corner.

By the way.... On question. Does xenon headlights come all as bixenon ? Then it make sense, why high beam place like in standart headlights is used as standart DRL.