2.0t fsi power loss

dg1980

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem before with their 2.0t fsi engines. I took the car on a 200 mile round trip yesterday and on the last 25 miles the car seemed to just lose power. I could still reach speeds upto 80mph but it felt as if the turbo was not blowing fully. I stopped and restarted the engine and now everything is fine again. The car was running perfect with no smoke etc. if anyone could help me out this would be very much appreciated.

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly
That's soft limp mode, usually triggered by an over or under boost. Might want to check for boost leaks to see what is causing the problem.

Mine did this after remaping I found it out to be the MAP sensor was clogged with oil once cleaned the over boosting went. For peace of mind I have now changed it for a new one. It's located on the plastic throttle body by the AC fans.

Could be the boost valve - the seals break down and leak. Well known issue - revised part now available.
I have same problem - but its a pain in the backside to repair. Jack up, back of engine job.

Reactions: TorqueTerrorist
Happened to me yesterday, put my foot down and next to no power, boost level indicator on dash only lit up 2 bars and I had my foot hard to the floor, stopped the car, ignition off then on and was fine, a strange one indeed, cars only 5 weeks old and only got 980 miles on the clock.

I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem before with their 2.0t fsi engines. I took the car on a 200 mile round trip yesterday and on the last 25 miles the car seemed to just lose power. I could still reach speeds upto 80mph but it felt as if the turbo was not blowing fully. I stopped and restarted the engine and now everything is fine again. The car was running perfect with no smoke etc. if anyone could help me out this would be very much appreciated.
Has this happened to you since you posted this?