Loss of power when hard accelerating. 2.0T

Nigtmareaudio

Reaction score
My 2.0t seems to have a ghost.

Every so often under hard acceleration I will lose power.

Pulling hard everything good then it's as if all acceleration is gone. It doesn't pull any more revs don't climb if I lift of or change gear it seems to go away.

I had an occasion this week were it did the same I changed gear and it still wouldn't accelerate.

Car runs smooth it's hard to even notice no rough running or anything.

I recently replaced spark plugs and ignition coils and thought it went away but no joy.

Car has been scanned no faults or error codes.

My thinking is fuel perhaps, will look to get the filter replaced and have the pump checked but it's so rare it happens I feel I would notice a fueling issue more regularly.

Any help greatly appreciated.

What's the engine code?

Check the dv for split membrane, if split, replace dv for new which last time I knew was a G revision.

Check the cam follower for a hole.

If holed, then check for hpfp nipple end if it's been ground down against the inlet cam triangular lobe, if so then change follower, pump & test at high boost etc to see if it goes into limp still, if so then the cam has to be inspected & probably replaced as fuel pressure will be down.no matter what you do.

Check plugs & coils too, but check the above 1st as common issues.

Those are the 1st things.

Thanks for the reply the car has finally thrown a generic p2293 code suggesting problem with the fuel system.

Upon doing some research it's looking like replacing the Hitachi unit and the cam follower is the way forward.

Is there anywhere you could recommend purchasing from?

The pump seems to be about £100-500 and the cam follower around £75.