Warranty debacle - please help?

Reaction score
Ok, firstly this is linked to another thread of mine:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2009-s4-b8-high-temp.242701/#post-2440019

My car (s4) is overheating and ive booked it in for a diagnostic with Audi today.
Could be water pump or thermostat possibly? could be something else.

I dropped it in today and they said sounds like the former.
So i mention that I had one replaced iN Dec 13 whilst my car was still under warranty (it ran out Nov14), therefore would assume if it is the pump then it should be replaced FOC.

Audi stated that no that is not correct - anything that was replaced under warranty doesnt carry the same guarantee that a normal audi repair woudl (i.e 2 years parts and labour) - i said that is ridiculous!

Has anyone heard of such rubbish, and anything i can do about it?
I will certainly be fighting it as its ridiculous (thats if it is the pump).

The pump wont be under warrenty. Id play on good will. Plead with them. Go on about your loyalty to them. When doing the water pump pay a little extra and do the timing belt at the same time. Has to see the pump got snapped fins?

Unfortunately the dealer is correct. Anything replaced under warranty is only covered for the duration of the warranty and doesn't go above and beyond. So if you have a part replaced with 1 day remaining on your warranty then that new part is only covered for that remaining 1 day too.

Sorry.

It said - Richard, you should read your Terms and Conditions at all times.... ;)

Reactions: ruairi83, RS5 JON, mancdan and 1 other person
I had an experience with the so called 'audi customer care' / warranty side of things last week.......
Talking to a brick wall is all I can describe it as!
In a way It's a shame I love the audi brand so much because I'd love to say that I would never put another penny in the robbing barstewards pockets ever again.

Reactions: razza1
I had an experience with the so called 'audi customer care' / warranty side of things last week.......
Talking to a brick wall is all I can describe it as!
In a way It's a shame I love the audi brand so much because I'd love to say that I would never put another penny in the robbing barstewards pockets ever again.
So what actually happened?

So what actually happened?
My experience all began last thursday and ended on tues. Was a very stressfull few days...Without getting back into the depressive state I was in I can confirm they were.......
1. Extremely rude.
2. Condescending.
3. Sarcastic.
4. Extremely un helpful
5. Liars.
6. Very D1ck Turpin like!
7. Very 'take half a years wages off you and not give a sh1t afterwards'
8. Never call back when they say they will, to the point of me still waiting for a call back (3 days ago)
Imo this is a disgusting level of customer service for someone putting that amount of money into their brand.
I had kinda gotten over it however whilst typing this I'm right back up there with the level of anger I achieved on tues! Sometimes I wish I had gone with a ford !
Lol,....p.s. can't believe I wasn't allowed to write the word d1ck!

As your car is 2009 the repair was done outside the standard 3 years manufacturer warranty. Was the extended warranty which covered 2013 purchased from new (manufacturers) or taken after the 3 years expired (or approved used). Both the latter are 3rd party warranties.
Reason I ask, is that I have had warranty work done under extended warranty and approved used (both provided by Mondial) and each time the work/parts have been guaranteed for 2 years.

All, you have to bare in mind that UK Audi (and other marks) are franchised dealerships, your customer service, grey area warranty decisions, parts and labour warranties for repairs are all decided buy the company running the franchise, not Audi directly. This doesn't happen in Germany and I changed dealership as my local Audi dealer (Norwich - Robinsons) was so bad I walked in to by a new RS4 and they judged me before talking to me and I was not given the time or service so they lost a £65k sale, my mate had the same problem, he sat and spec'd a new S5 and asked for a deal and they said "that’s the price, take it or leave it" and he walked taking is £50K with him. We both went to a recommended dealership (Bury St. Edmunds - Marriott’s motor group) and they have been outstanding, my test drive was outstanding, a 6hr loan of their RS4 demo car, I also had a 4hr loan of a Q7 and RS5. I was not bullied into a sale, the mature sale guys knew that I had done my homework and didn’t try and b*llsh*t me, he was an ex-mechanic in a former life so knew his product too.

They are now doing some minor warranty work at the 1st service and so far they are excellent. I took my old B6 S4 for a free safety check and they highlighted a couple of things but left it with me to decide, they also replaced all 8 coil packs FOC as it was a recall I waited for the safety check and sat in one Sat morning and I had some much tea made for me I couldn’t take any more, and I love my tea!

P.s they are collecting my RS4 via low-loader to do the 1st service and warranty items and its a 100 mile round trip, they are also giving it a full valet inside and out FOC when its usually £14.95.

I had hunted the country for an RS4 deal and Bury St Edmunds were excellent, great service, no pressure selling etc, was really looked after.

I’ll report back the actual customer service next Tues

Different dealers have different standards, and those that understand customer service will always get a good shout, they are starting to understand this, lets hope it catches.

Reactions: scotty76 and trick971