The order process

Vins

Sepang S3
Reaction score
Made a couple of searches but it's mostly about 'when will I get my build week'.

I've got my build week 19 - commencing Monday 4th May :D

What is the usual delivery date after build week? What are other peoples experiences with the process and what's the soonest someone has had their car after the BW date?

Cheers,
Vins

I think it's 3-4 weeks so long as all goes to plan with shipping. My gf is also having an A1 built in week 19. The wait is killing me

Dealer told me 3-4 weeks. Would have been 3 weeks if I picked it up last Friday. But it's been 4 as I opted for tomorrow.

Thanks, so does the build complete on the Friday and it's 3 weeks usually from that Friday to the dealers?

Well my understanding from reading on the forum and what I was told by dealer and Audi CS is the car can be built anytime during the week.

Car will go through production during a shift. Then waits for a train to go from factory to Emden. At Emden it waits for a boat.

This can be the tricky bit as boats can be delayed by any number of things like sea conditions. But being wk 19. The North Sea should be as calm as it ever is. But there are a considerable number of vessels that are used for shipping.

Once it gets to the port in UK it is checked and in dealer can raise a transport order to get the car to the dealership. Mine took 2-3 days from the transport order being raised I was told.

If everything goes well 3 weeks seems about right but some people do wait longer.

Reactions: Vins
I was BW 16 and picking up tomorrow at the end of BW 18. :jump::jump::jump:

Aye, another Sepang. Suns out too so hope it lasts.