Order Problems..

nickatkinson

Reaction score
Ordered my car around 2 weeks ago and was passed for credit but since then the salesman has been off for one reason and another and I haven’t heard a thing. Now these days no matter what you buy, you get at least some email confirmation and are able to check the order etc...so you might expect that with an almost £40k motor, you would get something?
I am in no immediate rush so didn’t bother chasing this up until today and found that they didn’t have any record of my order and then when the eventually did find it, the spec was wrong.
It is a factory order, but I haven’t been given a build date. Given that Audi now need to change the spec 2 weeks after originally confirming my finance was passed (and assume the order was placed) Is this error likely to affect the build slot? i.e. move it out further?
Is there a way of estimating delivery as I need it by June, so would rather cancel now if it is going to be much later than this. Audi are stating mid April, but I have read a few people on here that have been waiting much longer than that.
Thanks all..

I think I would contact your supplying dealer and ask for the manufacturer order number. As soon as the dealer places an order he gets this immediately on the computer system

Can't see a problem with any additions/alterations pushing your BW back. Quite a few of us have added options right up until the car is locked for build, which occurs around 4 weeks before the build

If your ordering now for April with a Sportback order can't see being a problem TBH. The wait is longer for saloons rather than HB's & SB's, so I wouldnt worry to much about that

Think I would be pushing your supplying. Dealer for info if it was me

Good luck & keep us all updated

Reactions: nickatkinson
At this stage you should be able to change items of the specification without any problems or delay. Even when a build week is given it is still possible to change items until the factory move your order to confirmed for production, usually a few weeks before it is actually made. Once this point is reached the spec cannot be changed. A built week is usually given a few weeks after the order has been placed.

With my current A3 I placed the order with the dealer on 10-Feb-14 and the build date was confirmed as BW 12 on 4-Mar-14.

Don't hang around if you want to change anything as they get locked down pretty quick. In this scenario, the only option is a new order. If not locked down, changes do not affect your build week.

I think that, as you have had this problem with communication, you should go to the dealer and insist on speaking to the sales manager.
It's probably not a problem as others have said, but I would get a firm statement face to face rather than email or phone.
They have maybe screwed up slightly, but it's recoverable if you are firm. I smell some extra giveaways on collection!!

Cheers for the responses and that makes me feel better about the build week. I had wrongly assumed that when they enter the new spec, it would almost assign a new order number and you would start from scratch...as I say as long as it's hear by June I am easy, but it's always nice to be kept up to speed with things.

With the BM it was the opposite problem they were constantly calling me and was kept well up to date....thinking about my statement to cancel its a bit silly really as don't like any other cars in my price range really.

Thanks again,