Order confirmation email but no order placed

LewMcC

Reaction score
So as the title says I got an email (see attached) that I’ve ordered a new Audi A3 when I’ve done no such thing.

Are the dealers ordering a car in my name?

Apologies! Hopefully that’s it now.

The dealers response (Agnew’s in portadown) was rather rude tbh. “I’ve no clue I’ll tell upstairs” not even a thanks or kiss my ***....

Made me think they’ve probably ordered it in my name to meet some quota

Attachments

• 2138F95F-7FDB-4E4A-A65C-6DD95BBE4498.png
    2138F95F-7FDB-4E4A-A65C-6DD95BBE4498.png
    727 KB · Views: 975
Have you used the dealer in the past? If not how do they have your email address. If you're worried contact Audi UK

Apologies! Hopefully that’s it now.

The dealers response (Agnew’s in portadown) was rather rude tbh. “I’ve no clue I’ll tell upstairs” not even a thanks or kiss my ***....

Made me think they’ve probably ordered it in my name to meet some quota
Did you just post you email address? If so remove it quick...

I don't think that I would be too concerned unless you have never dealt with them and they shouldn't have your details.
However, I would contact the dealer principal to get an explanation and apology.

Or someone has just ordered a car using your financial details!

Id have a look at your credit report, make sure no one has cloned you.

Experian is the best, if l remember you can have one free search if you sign up. Google them, put your mind at rest!

Or someone has just ordered a car using your financial details!

Id have a look at your credit report, make sure no one has cloned you.

Experian is the best, if l remember you can have one free search if you sign up. Google them, put your mind at rest!
Yeah I'd contact Audi UK and ask them for more details, I'd also check your credit report to make sure nothing else has been set up and check your bank! Could be someone has got all your details.

I have a Amex credit card for everything I buy as I get cashback on it. I also have a credit card with a small limit with my bank to use anywhere that doesn't take Amex! A few years back on a Friday night I had a text alert on my phone telling me that I'd reached my set spending notice on my Amex card!?! I'd set it at £800 for security reasons, as I never normally spend that much on it, so if it did hit that I'd know something was wrong!

It's a good job I'd set it up, as something was wrong...very wrong! When I looked online £4,000 had been spent on it :blink: by the time I'd called Amex up to report it that figure had jumped to £6,000 then a further £800 whilst on the phone! The person using it was buyings football match tickets....Amex stopped it straight away and everything was back to normal the next morning. So I thought panic over!!!

Then on the Monday afternoon I received a text from my bank asking me if I was happy with the customer service on my recent calls to them?!?!?! :blink: I hadn't called them at all!!! I rang them up and it turned out that on the Friday someone had called to change the credit limit on my banks credit card, then on the Saturday they had called back to change the monthly payment from being paid in full to minimum payment, then on the Monday morning they had transferred a load of debt from their credit card onto mine!

I went ballistic with the bank asking them why it took me so long to get through security to report the fraud on my account, yet it was so easy for someone to call and make all these changes :wtf: They assured me that their security team would have picked it up and that I was just a bit quicker than them to spot it! She said that simple things like changing limits/payments are classed as a low risk thing, so only minimum information is required off the person calling to get them changed, if they set high security for all calls only a small percentage of customers could be dealt with each hour! She also said that I'd probably done nothing at all wrong which led to them getting my details!

Watch this, it makes you think how easy it is for someone to get your details! They got my Amex and bank details on the same day!!!

Does the register link actually take you to the Audi site? Could be a phishing email...