No brakes.....please help.

drew260187audi

Reaction score
Hi guys, I travelled to London last night and as I went to pull off the motorway I had no brakes. The brake pedal was hard as if engine was turned off, I am now stuck in a hotel car park charging 15 pound a night. I have opened the bonnet and there is a small pipe that comes off the air box has touched hot engine and melted thru? Would this be the cause, I have taken photo but don't know how to upload. Can anyone help me with if this would be cause and if so what part number it is so I can try and get one? If anyone is near Heathrow airport and can get one/fit it/diagnose it I will happily pay you. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am working over the weekend near hotel but want to.be able to get home Monday, thanks guys

Post a picture up of th pipe.

Is it off the airbox or inlet manifold? Also do you have a petrol or diesel?

Do the brakes work but really hard IE no servo assistance?

Post a picture up of th pipe.

Is it off the airbox or inlet manifold? Also do you have a petrol or diesel?

Do the brakes work but really hard IE no servo assistance?

Hi, it is a 53 reg 2.0 fsi petrol, the pipe appears to come off the air box and is a small pipe above the the big air inlet pipe for manifold, it runs to the rear of engine but appears to be unattached on my car so has touched a hot metal pipe on the engine passengers side, and has melted thru. Yes the brakes do work at about 20% effectiveness I would say and feel hard to.push pedal like.no servo assist. I have pics but I don't know how to.post? I can send off my mobile to you maybe?

Sounds like brake servo pipe. You should still have brakes just very heavy. Not sure on part number. What engine is it? If really desperate buy some pipe same size and retro fit. Make sure it's strong. Or lots of gaffer tape over the split and cable tie away from heat if possible.

The pipes b
Sounds like brake servo pipe. You should still have brakes just very heavy. Not sure on part number. What engine is it? If really desperate buy some pipe same size and retro fit. Make sure it's strong. Or lots of gaffer tape over the split and cable tie away from heat if possible.
The pipe is beyond repair, am tryin to post a pic with this. I was hoping the A's might do something similar and maybe neaten up pipe cuts, slide another hose over and jubilee clip maybe? I may even try and find a halfords in lunch break as I've come down to work 12 hour shifts. Absolute nightmare.

As a temporary repair you can join them with a bit of hose.

Cut the pipes so they are neat so the 2 ends will but up to each other. Slide one hard pipe inside the rubber repair part, do up the jubilee clip and then slide the other part in so you can see/feel that they are butted up and do the other jubilee clip up.

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to.have to do until I can get a part, I've only got a 300.mile journey to do lol hopefully it holds. Would be a bank holiday weekend.

Its only vacuum anyway if it is the servo pipe.

I had a temporary repair on mine for about 4 month's lol

Quick update guys, it was the brake servo vacuum pipe as suspected, really mangled and unfortunately unable to get a replacement today, However I have been greatly helped today by a garage near Heathrow, ACS Autowerks. Fantastic service and he was able to create a temporary replacement section of hose spliced into the pipe and jubilee clipped to get me home so I can order and replace on my time off. Its holding good so far so fingers crossed it gets me back to.North wales. Can't recommend ACS autowerks enough for anyone that's in this area or in need passing by. I will certainly be going there again, he was In contact all morning trying to source pipe and when he couldnt, repaired it as best as could be hoped and didn't even charge! All at a moment's notice this morning, if only more garages were this good.

Glad you got it sorted.

Nice to find a good garage and even better they didn't charge.

Maybe a delivery of bacon sandwiches for them tomorrow as a thank you lol