Alarm Siren

ozzy1609

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me and tell me where my alarm siren is located. I have a 2006 A4 2.0 TFSI Convertible. The siren is not very loud however when I do set the alarm off it sounds as though it is coming from the RHS of the car (it is a right hand drive UK car) either behind the o/s/r passenger trim or from the boot, although my best guess is the rear passenger area. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Mine too it sounds like a mouse is screaming for help!

I know that in an avant its located in the rear near the subwoofer. Bit of a pig to get out.

Essentially the siren is battery powered and over time the battery runs low / out meaning it does the best part of nothing when it sounds.

is it behind the sub? bit unfortunate for me as ive not long had all the boot lining/interior out for another job :(

Hard to describe, but its kinda underneath the sub from memory. I remember reading up on it before and thinking it would be a bit of a pain to get to. The problems don't end there in that I don't think its a simple case of replacing batteries in it either.

Will try find a thread - its worth doing a bit of reading up on.

Hi, thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately my car is different from the info in the two links above. The alarm unit definitely appears to be situated behind the r/o/s seat (or to the right of the r/o/s seat) and not in the boot area! I'll see how easy it is at some point to either remove the rear seat or the o/s panel.