yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Wanted my post to be as confusing as the delivery of my A3.... Car is stuck in Emden been there since the start of the month, so Audi just dropped this off this morning. Not bothered about my car now, I'll have a week or two of free motoring, just add fuel as it were.

Have to say I'm not keen on the screen stuck on the dash, bit of a poor cost cutting measure by Audi on that one. Also hill hold should be standard on s-tronic cars rather than penny pinching on a £75 option. Also the hankook tyres on it are rubbish, already had wheel spin and It's bone dry here
23030734_513394519039082_261146381_o.jpg

Is that a 2.0tdi? Not down to tyres, the 190ps engines are a masterpiece.

Did Audi promise a date that hasn't been fulfilled? I want free motoring! I am currently carless.

I used marinetraffic.com.

You can set up a free account and add 5 vessels which it will track for you. Its not very scientific but if you search for the port emden you can see whats expected in and what departures are due.

The vessels to watch are

City of St Petersburg (mine came over on this) This left for Grimsby a couple of hours ago - you may get lucky !

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:411554/mmsi:353083000/vessel:CITY OF ST.PETERSBURG

Any of the 'Highway' fleet (thames, EMS, Makassar etc)

You're looking for any vehicle carrier vessels.

I hope you are not too busy at the moment because vessel watching can consume an enormous amount of time if you let it.

So I've had a look, what a complex website!!

So far I've only found two carriers, one headed to Grimsby now.... City of St Petersburg.
The second is Makassar which is sat in Emden.

I can't seem to find any others? Will keep looking. I'm using an iPad which isn't ideal, may jump on the Mac now. This is bad, I start work at 6am :(
My main reason for being up still is to refresh the tracker haha.

Also the hankook tyres on it are rubbish, already had wheel spin and It's bone dry here
That'll be because it's FWD rather than solely the tyres. Mine did it all the time and it drove me up the wall. Couldn't wait to get back in a quattro.

So I've had a look, what a complex website!!

So far I've only found two carriers, one headed to Grimsby now.... City of St Petersburg.
The second is Makassar which is sat in Emden.

I can't seem to find any others? Will keep looking. I'm using an iPad which isn't ideal, may jump on the Mac now. This is bad, I start work at 6am :(
My main reason for being up still is to refresh the tracker haha.
https://www.vesselfinder.com/
or
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.1/centery:25.0/zoom:4

I used the first one, easy to use and clear enough

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Damn that’s gutting :( Complain about it and get your money back? When it’s washed you should see clear effects of it beading etc and they very rarely do.

Lesson learnt I guess, sorry to be here with bad news.

rang dealers this morning and they said as within 28 days I could cancel but then id have to go in and change all the paperwork and direct debits as this will affect the monthly payments etc, I'm missing a lot of work at the moment as mum in hospital so I just said to them ok not to worry I will know for next time, but thanks for letting me know as I know I wont pay for this again

Is that a 2.0tdi? Not down to tyres, the 190ps engines are a masterpiece.

Did Audi promise a date that hasn't been fulfilled? I want free motoring! I am currently carless.

Yes it's a 2.0TDI but they really are poor tyres, when the A3 comes there is a new set of PS4's is waiting for it.

I still don't have a date for when the car is going on a boat, but I no longer care as it's now costing Audi to keep me in that car. I've already done 160 mile in it so it's keeping the miles of my A6, happy days.

I've just had the call!:smiley: Car is ready to collect at 17:00 today!!! A3 e-tron in Glacier white, leave work at 3 to ensure get through any traffic to get there. Its been at the dealer since last Monday so had agonizing wait due to a minor issue but they have sorted that. current/ex car is A3 Sportback 2013 2.0 TDI Sport, so looking forward to quiet smooth motoring. Pics once I get some daylight!

Reactions: smokey74, KeithJLambert and AudiNutta
My order has finally been added to youraudi today after I officially placed the order in my dealership on 4th October. I was told that given the build week they had secured, they were hoping I would receive the car prior to Christmas, but youraudi is telling me that my car isn't expected to begin construction until 4th December - looks likely that I won't see the car until 2018 :(

I know that build dates can jump around and can sometimes be pulled forward, but apparently there is a 3 week shut down in November at Ingolstadt ? Does anyone know if this is correct and if so, what dates??

rang dealers this morning and they said as within 28 days I could cancel but then id have to go in and change all the paperwork and direct debits as this will affect the monthly payments etc, I'm missing a lot of work at the moment as mum in hospital so I just said to them ok not to worry I will know for next time, but thanks for letting me know as I know I wont pay for this again

Hm that is a bit unfair, they aren’t willingly offering your right to cancel and are trying to scare you out of the process. Doesn’t matter if you change all of the paperwork? Your payments will only drop!

Sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope all gets better for you soon.

Reactions: smokey74 and Audi Bairn
Yes it's a 2.0TDI but they really are poor tyres, when the A3 comes there is a new set of PS4's is waiting for it.

I still don't have a date for when the car is going on a boat, but I no longer care as it's now costing Audi to keep me in that car. I've already done 160 mile in it so it's keeping the miles of my A6, happy days.

They are good engines, extremely refined.

Have they given you an estimate departure date for the A3?

My order has finally been added to youraudi today after I officially placed the order in my dealership on 4th October. I was told that given the build week they had secured, they were hoping I would receive the car prior to Christmas, but youraudi is telling me that my car isn't expected to begin construction until 4th December - looks likely that I won't see the car until 2018 :(

I know that build dates can jump around and can sometimes be pulled forward, but apparently there is a 3 week shut down in November at Ingolstadt ? Does anyone know if this is correct and if so, what dates??

Wouldn’t know about a shut down but you’re right about the build dates. Mine was scheduled for a build week in November, but was built at the start of this month and I’m collecting it today!

Collected and I love it

Attachments

• C58936A1-3313-4DB2-A1FF-03C7E321709F.jpeg
    C58936A1-3313-4DB2-A1FF-03C7E321709F.jpeg
    881.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 1FDA4721-B980-449C-B0AF-6FA8205E46F6.jpeg
    1FDA4721-B980-449C-B0AF-6FA8205E46F6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 320
Reactions: Singh12, KeithJLambert, AudiNutta and 4 others
Collected and I love it

That's very nice mate! You must be chuffed and rightly so.
Post your pics on the Pic of Your 8V Facelift section now you're a fully fledged member ha ha :salute:

Reactions: Reltub
I know the question I'm going to ask is in the wrong thread but no has used the thread since feb so may never get answered, my question is
i don't want my twitter linked to the car, how do I stop this, is there a way? I have so many questions re the car but the other threads seem dead :sos:

I know the question I'm going to ask is in the wrong thread but no has used the thread since feb so may never get answered, my question is
i don't want my twitter linked to the car, how do I stop this, is there a way? I have so many questions re the car but the other threads seem dead :sos:

The setup bit for Twitter is the "audi connect" section in your account on www.myaudi.com. You maybe able to disable it there. I can't get mine to connect but that's another story.

Right: Next Question ?

not sure wether mine is set up or not but just don't want it connected, the other question, is, when I turn off the engine the interior lights don't come on, only if I open the door, all other cars ive owned (not audis) when you stop the engine or take keys out the interiors lights work, thanks chris43 for asking for my next question :help:

I will have a look at vessel finder tonight. I’ve somewhat found my way around marine traffic now, I’m following 3 ships and two of which are in Emden.

Does anyone know what the “Immingham” port is? Because it’s right next to Grimsby?..

Immingham Port and Grimsby Port are different areas on the Humber estuary, according to Wikipedia both are used for car import / export

not sure wether mine is set up or not but just don't want it connected, the other question, is, when I turn off the engine the interior lights don't come on, only if I open the door, all other cars ive owned (not audis) when you stop the engine or take keys out the interiors lights work, thanks chris43 for asking for my next question :help:

I'm afraid you are stuck with the interior light nonsense. My MK7 Golf was just the same, nothing until you open the door. I too find it annoying. I wish it would kill the music as well. Hopefully someone will read this and prove me wrong....

My Mk6 Golf worked as you'd think: Kill the ignition then all interior lights come on so you can gather up your phone etc before getting out.

Next Question?

Reactions: AudiNutta and smokey74
If you add to the older threads they'll reappear and will likely get answered. Don't worry if they're older threads. It get boring when the same old ones keep appearing anyway lol

Reactions: smokey74 and AudiNutta
I'm afraid you are stuck with the interior light nonsense. My MK7 Golf was just the same, nothing until you open the door. I too find it annoying. I wish it would kill the music as well. Hopefully someone will read this and prove me wrong....

My Mk6 Golf worked as you'd think: Kill the ignition then all interior lights come on so you can gather up your phone etc before getting out.

Next Question?
I'll need to check now. I thought they came on when you took the key out of the ignition but maybe that was my last car.

I'll need to check now. I thought they came on when you took the key out of the ignition but maybe that was my last car.

Yes I’m pretty sure they come on when the key leaves the ignition but not ignition off.

My S3 has been waiting at Emden for about a fortnight, and I'm trying (and failing) to be patient. Can anyone help me out with what ports/ferries to look at for cars that are being delivered to Scotland?

My S3 has been waiting at Emden for about a fortnight, and I'm trying (and failing) to be patient. Can anyone help me out with what ports/ferries to look at for cars that are being delivered to Scotland?

that seems so long! sorry to say but then you’ve got to wait for it to get on a transporter and that’ll be another week if not morei think there’s only 3 main ports, none of which are that close to Scotland..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nosnevets
5ee9114eb640881f92464084e97ed7e5.jpg

Whoops i’ve done 1195 miles in a week

Reactions: AudiNutta, Audi Bairn and KeithJLambert
that seems so long! sorry to say but then you’ve got to wait for it to get on a transporter and that’ll be another week if not morei think there’s only 3 main ports, none of which are that close to Scotland..

This is what I'm worried about. I'm supposed to be getting delivery in less than 3 weeks and it's creeping up fast! Seems like some people are having some luck getting info via live chat with Audi so I'll maybe have a go at that tomorrow.

Reactions: 1future
This is what I'm worried about. I'm supposed to be getting delivery in less than 3 weeks and it's creeping up fast! Seems like some people are having some luck getting info via live chat with Audi so I'll maybe have a go at that tomorrow.

I only had to wait a couple of weeks in total for mine because it turned out they had ordered the spec i wanted in from new anyway in June.. I’d say i got pretty lucky but mine was sat at Grimsby port when it had come off the boat for 16 days, so i got my sales exec onto it and i had it 2 days later with a bottle of moët as a patience gift.. might get lucky with some champers

Cars to Scotland come into the Port of Tyne, vessel City or Rome should have gone to Emden this week, but due to issues at Gdansk it was delayed so is now sailing direct to the Tyne, and looking at arrivals there is nothing form Emden for the next 7 days http://www.portoftyne.co.uk/busines...ervices/shipping-movements/expected-shipping/

Live chat is useless they just give out an automated response. We aim to ship your car in 14 days blah, blah, blah....

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Nosnevets
.......my sales exec onto it and i had it 2 days later with a bottle of moët as a patience gift.. might get lucky with some champers

My car has been at Emden since the 30th (September) hoping for a crate of the stuff..... Saying that I've got a A5 loan car from Audi.

Reactions: Nosnevets and 1future
My car has been at Emden since the 30th (September) hoping for a crate of the stuff..... Saying that I've got a A5 loan car from Audi.

Wow yeah just get onto your sales exec about it, should give you a “little” something, the guys in the office were joking about it was an umbrella he was gonna give me so i said to Les(sales exec) you gonna give me an umbrella as a parting gift?his words were “ i wouldn’t give you anything that cheap” they’re like £30?!

Cars to Scotland come into the Port of Tyne, vessel City or Rome should have gone to Emden this week, but due to issues at Gdansk it was delayed so is now sailing direct to the Tyne, and looking at arrivals there is nothing form Emden for the next 7 days http://www.portoftyne.co.uk/busines...ervices/shipping-movements/expected-shipping/

Live chat is useless they just give out an automated response. We aim to ship your car in 14 days blah, blah, blah....

Good knowledge, thanks! Though unfortunately not what I wanted to hear.

That's insane that it's been sitting at the dock for over a month! Have they forgotten about it or something?

To be fair I'd rather have a loan car than the Moët, otherwise I'll be without wheels from the 20th if it still hasn't arrived!

Well looking at the updated arrivals for the Tyne the next boat from Emden is the "CITY OF PARIS" however there is no guarantee your car will be on that ship, you will have to wait until the next day and see if the tracker updates, to 39.

Wow yeah just get onto your sales exec about it, should give you a “little” something.....

Been on to the Sales exec that is why I have an A5 sat on my drive at the moment. I'm now looking to set a record the longest time a customers car has been sat at the docks, as the next boat does not leave until the 6th that will be 5 weeks.

Well looking at the updated arrivals for the Tyne the next boat from Emden is the "CITY OF PARIS" however there is no guarantee your car will be on that ship, you will have to wait until the next day and see if the tracker updates, to 39.

Been on to the Sales exec that is why I have an A5 sat on my drive at the moment. I'm now looking to set a record the longest time a customers car has been sat at the docks, as the next boat does not leave until the 6th that will be 5 weeks.

that’s outrageous, 5 weeks is far too long! how’s the A5 anyway?

My S3 was due to start build w/c 6th November but the tracker has updated today and it says it's now in the panel shop (status 21). I'm guessing that this could just be another case of the tracker being ahead of itself (?) but I'm hoping that what I'm seeing is legit. Especially so as I read other posts about new owner's cars being stuck at the port/s for an inordinate amount of time!

Port of Tyne mate. Check their website for arrivals due from Emden then use a shipping tracker to track it.
What dealer did you buy from?

Edit: just seen that some of the other guys have already helped you out. Note to self..... read all the posts lol

Last edited:

2 weeks ain't uncommon tbh. I've heard of 3 - 4 weeks but that would be the high end of wait times.

New to the forum, just ordered myself an S3 Sportback in navara blue, a nice upgrade from my VXR will be sad to see it go. was told it would be build week 52, then got a call to say that they had amended a previous order so it would now be build week 49 - 4th December I believe? cant seem to find my order on the website, very impatiently waiting. they said it might be here before Christmas..... does anyone think that is likely?

It would be a Christmas miracle, if you got it that quick. Before new year possibly and January more likely.

If they gave me build week 49 is there any chance it can get built earlier? Or are these things pretty much set and not changeable?
Also how long before you can track the order? Ive been given the order number but the website cant find anything

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk