Any recommendations for RNS-E Fitting - Harrogate Area

Oxygen Thief

Reaction score
Gents (and Ladies),

I have just managed to get hold of an RNS-E for my 58 plate S3 Sportback. I have no doubt that it could be an easy fit for some, however, I don't want to f*** it and my car when I mess up while fitting. We've recently moved into the Harrogate area and I haven't yet found a decent Audi Independent to leave the car with.

So, could anyone recommend a decent Independent in/around Harrogate that could fit and code it to my car? Or, is there anyone on here, local-ish to me that is confident enough and would be able to code and fit - in exchange for beer tokens of course! Thanks in advance.

Phil

Welcome from another Phil in Harrogate. Have you tried Harrogate Auto Centre on Ripon Road. Steve is very good? If not Auto Sparks might do it.
We also have Hellifela that will do coding.

Phil

its easy ,you can purchase the 4 keys on ebay for £2.50 it is virtually plug and play.If you have a bluetooth car kit built in that may need the vcds as my car did not have that fitted .but trust me its easy ,even your steering wheel buttons all work post installation.I thought that RNS-E was a standard on an S3?

Thanks for all the help, unfortunately I bought the poor mans S3 that was built before they started fitting RNS-E as standard. (But I bought it more for the performance than the gadgets!)

I am willing to give it a go putting the SatNav in, I'm just not too confident with swapping the pins around for the BOSE and knowing my luck it will need coding because the car already has Bluetooth fitted.

Thanks for the heads up about Harrogate Auto Centre, I'll pop in and see what the deal is with the coding/pin change over.

Phil

you dont have to change out the pins i have a black edition a3 170 tdi which had a Bose ,Concert set up it was literally plug and play,trust me .If you have the four digit code then your on your way.You know that a franchised dealership will charge you at least £147 an hour.If you are not confident use a local retrofitter,you will save a fortune.Just trying to help.

you dont have to change out the pins i have a black edition a3 170 tdi which had a Bose ,Concert set up it was literally plug and play,trust me .If you have the four digit code then your on your way.You know that a franchised dealership will charge you at least £147 an hour.If you are not confident use a local retrofitter,you will save a fortune.Just trying to help.

Thanks for the help. I've got the Code but I thought if you didn't change the pins round then the BOSE doesn't work correctly? I also have Aux in and to keep the functionality I believe I need some wiring swapping around to ensure that still works. I have no intention of heading to a main dealers and would much rather do it myself or get someone in the know to fit/fix it.

Phil

the bose amp will work with a straight swap out.the aux is the only thing that needs a pin swap out.Contact "ash 187" on here he is a quality retofitter and a main sponser on this site he knows all you need to know.He lives in Kent thats the problem,but might give you some guidance

If the BOSE works in a straight swap then I can accept losing the Aux In and just put all my music on a SD card. I'm pretty sure that driving to Kent and back will cost more than an Audi dealer would charge!!

Ash 187 number is 07904775187 he is just off the m25 at swanley interchange .I dont miss putting my iphone in the aux whatsoever as i have loaded all my music on to the sd card .You will be amazed at the sound quality of the new head unit aswell.but be warned if you go into the Leeds/ Bradford area .There has been many posts about RNS-E thefts in that area.I know Harrogate well and know you will be ok there.

Right gents,

I had a go at fitting the RNS-E myself and you're all correct it is a VERY easy swap. It took me just over 30min and that included removing the glovebox to locate the GPS antenna on top of it. However, I now have some small issues that I hope someone might be able to resolve:

1. No Aux In - I can live with this as soon as I get all my music on a SD card.
2. My BT now seems to have a lot of background noise when I make calls - Could live with this but there must be a way round it?
3. Is there an easy way to display my phone book on the RNS-E, I've got it on the DIS I would find it easier on the actual screen?

I'm guessing that 2 and 3 can be fixed with coding - If not can anyone tell me how I can do it myself? Thanks in advance.

Phil