20VT Mapping

JoeeS3

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've recently bough a 20VT mk2 golf - AMK

I know its not an s3 but it has the heart of an S3 and i know the knowledge of a lot of the members on here will be able to help me out with this car when needed :D

So basically its running a standalone ecu. Qpeng MBE ECU. The base map on these tend to be rather poor. plus its had a load of mods since the swap, as seen below:

MBE management

K04 CR stage 4 hybrid turbo

550cc genesis injectors

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Forged con rods

ACL racing shell bearings

Relentless v4 manifold

3” fmic

3” full exhaust

3” trackslag charge pipe

So i'm booking it into to dave at MEK motorsport as he maps this ecu. Does anyone know the max power i could achieve with this Spec? As i'm going to ask dave to "undertune" it so i'm not maxing out all my parts.

Thanks in advance

Joe :D

Judging by other 1.8T 20v K04 hybrid turbo builds...... I'd say 330bhp.

A lot of guys who do hybrid turbo builds tends to run water/meth to help bring the temperatures down, doing this you might squeeze an extra 10-15bhp maybe more.

I'm currently in the process of buying parts for a K04 Hybrid build on my S3.

Yeah i had been considering water meth! i think i'll ask for switchable maps if it's possible. One running 330ish and one about 270ish. This way once i fit water meth i can run the 330ish.

Thanks for the advice AMJ :)

cr hybrid :(
god only knows whats in it
bill at badger 5 if he can map that ecu will do the most for you.
he did my hybrid and when i go bigger i will defo return

cr hybrid :(
god only knows whats in it
bill at badger 5 if he can map that ecu will do the most for you.
he did my hybrid and when i go bigger i will defo return

Haha, yes i havent heard amazing things about these turbos!
Unfortunately bill doesn't like mapping this ECU, he is also very busy atm. I will be swapping out the ECU for an Emerald k6 over christmas time when the car comes off the road.

tbh its in a mk2 golf so its gonna fly
shame about the way they did things because some of there turbos are excellent
prawns made over 350bhp
my bbt is 329 so not mental by any means.
keep us posted on progress tho i love the mk2's and fingers crossed you have a good one
you tried r tech?

yeah its about 220ish now it it goes pretty well! Yes, hopefully i have a good one! i would be happy with anything between 290-310bhp.
That is more than enough in a mk2 golf :')
I haven't no. I'm located in cardiff so quite a trek for me.

dammit
well the only thing i would say is if you get it done properly its a single journey
ive had loads of maps and the local o es have always caused problems.
might be worth the trouble in the long run.

R-tech won't touch it being a conversion.

I think Bill has had issues with the MBE Qpeng setups before, and they're not well thought of generally sadly.

Not really sure where else I'd be taking something like that. difficult one.

:wtf:
R-tech won't touch it being a conversion.

I think Bill has had issues with the MBE Qpeng setups before, and they're not well thought of generally sadly.

Not really sure where else I'd be taking something like that. difficult one.

You mean since a converted Mk2 Golf tried to launch itself off the dyno as it was wired wrong :wtf:

guess its a big job putting an amk ecu in?

Well I spoke to bill, he said there's no point in putting the amk ecu in, just get an emerald ecu and stick that in. So when it's off the road in December I'll be doing that

R-tech wouldn't touch it on the AMK ECU. still a conversion.

Bill would, but as he said, best off fitting Emerald and having Bill do it.

Just leaves a problem of how to sort it out short term!

Well I've had a read up about dave at mek motorsport, and he seems to be clued up on this ecu, so I think I'll take it there for him to map. And that should hopefully sort out the horribly rich map the qpeng ecu comes with

CR turbo... you poor fella... I'd bet money (going on my own experience and speaking to a few very known guys) that there is a single oil feed on a twin feed bearing. Be prepared to take it out and hand it over to bbt to repair it! Check the oil level regularly and if it's burning oil, it must be the turbo, it's a ticking time bomb at that stage.

I love these in a mk2, buddy of mine is going doing one very soon. Insane power for such a light car. Enjoy it and keep us updated. Will you put a build thread up here?

R-tech wouldn't touch it on the AMK ECU. still a conversion.

Don't understand why you wouldn't map a conversion If it's done correctly ...... Clearly trying to compete for gods job fools

Don't understand why you wouldn't map a conversion If it's done correctly ...... Clearly trying to compete for gods job fools

perhaps "if its done correctly" applies..
sight unseen, that would be unknown.

I ask converted cars to pop by first.. as rarely are they 100% ready for mapping

...... and conversions are not as "bread and butter" as factory cars, which if you choose to operate that way, you can book several in a day and flash away, making more ££/day

I book #1 car in a day for mapping. You never know whats going to arrive and in what condition, these are older cars now, and often have "issues" which need rectifying before getting into the mapping it up bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: A3-Lee and Frankus