Mapping

Carllos3

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Does anyone know where is good for mapping a hybrid round the midlands area ? Spoke to rtech and they don’t map hybrids for 1.8t anymore which i thought was strange

Cheers for any help

Badger5 all the way fella. Experts in the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hydro s3 and Tj 0785
Agree but there 100miles from me, mite have to be if there’s no decent places closer though

100 miles is nothing dude...... what’s your concerns?

Reactions: Tj 0785
No concerns bud was just checking if theres any other decent places around

It’s only going to be a basic setup

Ah fair enough. Honestly they are worth going the extra mile Give Bill a call at Badger5

Hi thanks for the reply

It’s a s3 bam iv fitted
air tech Intercooler
One of your tips
Dw65 pump

So it’s ready for a remap and I fancied a fresh turbo before mapping, not after crazy power.

A place near me will fit a tfsi and rs6 wheel? Not too sure about that spec but it’s fairly cheap. Is this not a good idea ?

Cheers

What engine upgrades have you to support this hybrid? What you have posted there doesn't give much information. 100 miles is nothing mate I wish I had travelled to Bill with mine and I live a fair few miles more than 100 miles away. Give him a ring and speak to him and explain what you have got and what's already been done.
I haven't seen you mention injectors. You will most likely need bigger ones to get the benefit of the hybrid.

Two sides to this and all depends on your power goals.... and how big your budget is.

If you want around 280bhp, what you’ve done so far that could be achieved, you’ll need a good flowing exhaust and 3” downpipe ideally.

If your looking for more than that then that’s when you’d be wanting to go hybrid or bigger. That’s also when things need replacing and to be uprated and more costs are involved.

Reactions: hydro s3
Cheers guys

Forgot to say it has a 3” decat downpipe and milltek

I thought I could get a decent cheapish hybrid and get to nearly 300bhp for now. Then build a spare engine over the winter for next year and go further, guessing it’s not that simple :D

In that case then.... stick with what you’ve got, get it mapped and see what it yields. Approx 280bhp with those sort of mods.

Then build your spare engine and source yourself a hybrid turbo then. I can suggest a good turbo kit which gets great results and that’s Badger5’s hybrid AET-380. That’s what I’m running and it’s very very good.

You would need injectors on any hybrid you decided to fit...

The TFSi engine is a piece of junk really... not a patch on the 20v for ease of use or build... the oil pump alone on a TFSi retails out to around £1500 and is a common point of failure...

The popular misconception is that they are more powerful standard so they must be better... considering most of the decent original K04 hybrids used the TFSi K04 comp wheel then this is no wonder but not exactly the foundation for a tunable/reliable engine going forward...

If you plan to build an engine anyway then tbh I wouldn't waste your money on getting the current setup mapped... do it once, do it right :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: slowcoach3
Thought that would be the sensible answer :( ha
Just thought a cheap hybrid and map would be an easy 300 until I save the 4/5K for the full build. Thanks for the guidance though guys

Tfsi engine? I’m lost now sorry

Thought that would be the sensible answer :( ha
Just thought a cheap hybrid and map would be an easy 300 until I save the 4/5K for the full build. Thanks for the guidance though guys

Tfsi engine? I’m lost now sorry
My bad... re-read your TFSi post.... I now see you mean the TFSi K04.... I wouldn't bother with that either as its a PITA to fit... will need a new DP, TIP, oil and water lines etc... so non of your current K04 mods will be reusable

<tuffty/>

Think he just meant tfsi internals in to my turbo

Il just get a map and get saving then

Reactions: <tuffty/>