Tilting/Reversing Wing Mirror?

chrisdicko

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've just acquired a new (11 plate) A4 2.0TDI, and would like the near side mirror to tilt down when it goes in to reverse.

I was told this could be programmed in? Is this possible?

If so, would Audi charge an arm and a leg? If so, is there anywhere in the North East/North Yorkshire which could do it?

Also, if they are doing some programming, what other decent things could they do at the same time?

Thanks a lot
Chris

Thanks for the reply.

I did try earlier to put the knob in the left position, select reverse, but nothing happened. I tried adjusting the mirror to where I would want it (while in reverse), then taking the car back out of reverse, but it stayed in the down position.

So I guess it isn't coded?

How much would Audi charge to do this?

Cheers

Have a look on the vcds forum on this site i think that there is a map or list of everyone offering this service.

Thanks for the replies.

Just found the VCDS forum. So I guess if I message someone local, they may be able to help me out?

Thank you for the mod list. Some other interesting ones on there too!

Cheers

Hi Guys,
I've just acquired a new (11 plate) A4 2.0TDI, and would like the near side mirror to tilt down when it goes in to reverse.

I was told this could be programmed in? Is this possible?

If so, would Audi charge an arm and a leg? If so, is there anywhere in the North East/North Yorkshire which could do it?

Also, if they are doing some programming, what other decent things could they do at the same time?

Thanks a lot
Chris
Try the Carista app 15 quid to download and an ODB dongle 5 quid. done mine. if you've got memory seats it works great if not still works but you have to adjust the dip you want from time to time.
http://www.caristaapp.com/

Just to update, I bought a wifi OBD2 dongle from Amazon, and purchased the Carista App, and did the job in a few minutes!

I also enabled some other little features. Not bad for £25 all in.

Reactions: ruairi83
Good stuff :) It will be handy to read/clear fault codes too.

Just a tip, connect your phone to the wifi manually, then launch the app.

I've set my near side wing mirror to tilt when I select reverse can I do the same for the driver's side?, if so can you advise how it's done. I'm off on a euro driving holiday and it might be handy when parking on the wrong side of the road.

Does anyone find that the passenger mirror doesn't always go fully back to it's original place after you have finished reversing?
It goes back probably 80% of the way, but not 100% back to its original starting position.

Does anyone find that the passenger mirror doesn't always go fully back to it's original place after you have finished reversing?
It goes back probably 80% of the way, but not 100% back to its original starting position.

Yep, mine seems to go too high when it returns to its 'normal' position

I don't get that problem, the mirror goes to my custom position when I sleect reverse and returns to the exact same spot once drive is selected.

I have the memory seats if that has any bearing on the problem and the default postion in reverse can be changed, i prefer to set to the bottom of the rear rim and not the lower rear bumper.

Ah, I think the memory seats lets the car remember the position of the mirrors too. I think there was a tick box in VCDS to get the mirror to remember its original position but maybe because I don't have memory seats its forgetting and going to some random position

Yeah I don't have memory seats so maybe that's why the mirror is not quite going back to its original position.

I enabled this with the carista app last night and it works great but mine doesn't return the exact position either
it stops a little low but can deal with it. I don't have memory seats either btw
I don't do much parallel parking anyway so wont be using it much but its nice to have and saves the wife complaining that she has to get out and kerb watch lol

Reactions: mancdan
I have this enabled & was always annoyed that it wasn't always returning properly (no memory seats)

Only recently I realised that it was fine when I had reversed then driven off (mirror returns at 9mph I think)
But when reversing into a space & switching off the ignition the mirror only partially returned.

The way to get the mirror to return when parking & leaving the vehicle is,when switching off the ignition hold the fob in for a few seconds.
The engine will switch off & you should see the mirror return to its' position :)

Reactions: mancdan
I tried yesterday with carista app same problem, it doesn't come back to its original position & i do have memory seats. i need to find someone with VCD.