Aircon smells abit wierd?

ElliottB

Audi A3
Reaction score
Morning folks

When I put my car on low and put the fans on first few mins I get a musty smell like a damp smell...any idea what it could be?

pollen filter might need changing, it's under the glovebox right at the back,. or you might need an air con bomb to kill the bacteria in the system

Car was only serviced other month and it was changed so shouldn't need changing again? We're can I get something like that done

no be ok if it was changed, buy one from ebay/local motor shop and DIY

turn on your air con deploy the canister shut the door and wait

Only thing is it seems to have happened recently after changing the filter

Are you 100% sure they changed your filter mate? It happened to me 2 times that they changed air filter (the one in the engine compartment) but not the pollen filter so I started changing it myself as it is easy enough.

Yeah cos I was chatting to the fella and I put it In the cabin filter

My A3 also smells not good when turning airvon on and then off. And in the wet weather it smell more than dry one.

I have this one cleaner: Amazon product

It has to be used directly by spraying on the evaporator. But how to get to it? Through the cabin filter? Center vent. holes?

My A3 also smells not good when turning airvon on and then off. And in the wet weather it smell more than dry one.

I have this one cleaner: Amazon product

It has to be used directly by spraying on the evaporator. But how to get to it? Through the cabin filter? Center vent. holes?

Check if your local vw garage does a summer health check. for £20 they refresh your air con, visual check and wash and vac! The air-conditioning refresh should get rid of any bacteria causing the smell

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Morning folks

When I put my car on low and put the fans on first few mins I get a musty smell like a damp smell...any idea what it could be?

so before you go on a unicorn hunt I will give you my thoughts. The problem is condensation. Before turning turning off the engine it is good practice to turn off the AC while still running the fans a few minutes before arriving at your destination. This dries out the condenser and gets rid of the water which leads to bacteria and thus the damp musty smell. Never turn the engine off with the AC on. Yes change the cabin filter but make sure the drainage port under the car is not clogged as this of course would not allow the water to drain.

Where's the drainage outlet is in A3? Maybe it's full of dirt and sh!t...

Are the aircon (fresh air intake ) vents under the windscreen ? Id like to spray antibacterial spray through the aircon.