Throttle body help/advice

mark_b1981

2009 audi a3 8p 2.0T TFSI
Reaction score
my car has been in the garage to fix a oil and coolant leak but noticed my engine management light is one after a scan it came up with the throttle body saying intermitted can't remember the fault code on inspection it all looks very clean I've sourced a replacement from a friend who is breaking the same car I was going to replace the throttle body from the one from his car but is it a straight swap or does it need to be configured the part numbers are exactly the same. My car is a 2.0 fsi 150bhp 128k on the clock if that helps

Replacing a throttle body based on a code, even if you do remember the description, is wishful thinking. Can you remember if the code was reporting anything to do with "basic settings" or under voltage? I see you have visually inspected and cleaned and nothing seems untoward...have you tried clearing the code or running basic settings (if your tool allows)? If you cannot run basic setting via scan tool, a terminal 30 reset is always worth a shot in cases like this. I can help you with this if needed.

Can't remember the code tbh and he did try to reset the throttle body at 1st it said calibration failed then managed to reset it but not long after the light came back and stayed on the dash board if I remember I think it said something about voltage if that helps sorry I'm not very clued up on this kind of stuff , sometimes the butterfly thing opens and closes but most of the time it stays closed