Phil74

Reaction score
Hi I need the OE part number
Audi A3 2.0 tdi 138 2011
For a throttle body I couldn't post on parts request for some reason
Any help would be much appreciated
Phil

5186F28D FA30 430B AA2D 4B1135A812EF C37D36E1 4B49 4B76 9E63 6C96F05EE372
Have a look through this link ( https://audi.7zap.com/en/ )

WHS, although I use www.oemepc.com
You’re going to need to know your engine code.
If you’re after what many places call the throttle body (bit of a misnomer as it contains the anti-shudder valve) then on the parts website above it will be under the engine section and be described as a ‘controller lid’.
If it is the part I’m referring to, Euro Car Parts sell Pierburg versions of it much cheaper than VW/Audi, the Genuine ones are also Pierburg, so you’re buying the identical thing much cheaper.
For reference, here’s the one I fitted to mine earlier this year (although it won’t be the same as your car) .....

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies.
I definitely need the anti shudder valve as its sticking open atm .
I shall try and find my engine code .
Thanks again

Mine failed in the open position and apart from the Engine Management Light being on the car drove perfectly.
Once I’d replaced it there was no difference tbh, apart from
the lack of EML....
Be aware that on some models (it applied to me) that when the anti-shudder valve fails it can often cause one of the fuses in the radiator fan circuit to blow which can also cause the EML to remain on.......if you’d like to know more then look at my previous posts as I posted about it..

I noticed because when I shut down the engine I get a shudder and as if the engine wanted to carry on running.
I had it on the machine and fault was throttle sensor.
So I need to check my fuses.
Thanks you have all been really helpful

I can't seem to find a piersburg I've found one called original vdo
And Siemens ate these any Good?

Wow thank you so much I have just bought it . I owe you one.
Thanks again .

Mine is a 138 that's for a 170 bhp

You see it says 8p 100kw or 103 kw
On the list . How do I know which kw I Have?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181215-053528.png
    Screenshot_20181215-053528.png
    341 KB · Views: 112
All done this is the one the came off.
20190104 144205

Hi there,

Newbie here but had Audi’s a long while and very much miss my 1.8 turbo Quattro 8L . 8Ps are so not the same.

Got a 2.0 tdi 140hp 2005 now (commuting demanded) and shudder valve failed a week or so ago after buzzing. Luckily failed open, continued to drive then eml came on. Have replaced the unit with a new aftermarket (cheap) one today and the fuse that had blown, but the eml will not go out. Tried the ecu reset procedure as outlined in other posts and still eml is alight. Drives fine so assuming the unit is working or if not then it is staying open, but can’t hear it activating.

Any ideas please?

Tried checking for faults again on OBD11 reader and it is still showing P2012 fault and if we reset faults light goes out on first start up but comes back on second ‍

Last edited:
Have replaced the unit with a new aftermarket (cheap) one today and the fuse that had blown, but the eml will not go out. Tried the ecu reset procedure as outlined in other posts and still eml is alight.

Don’t want to sound flippant but I always believe in the adage of “ buy cheap, buy twice”.
When my ASV went I bolted in a Pierburg replacement (same make as the Genuine item removed) , replaced the fan fuse and the EML light went out.

Reactions: Nellie❤️8L
Don’t want to sound flippant but I always believe in the adage of “ buy cheap, buy twice”.
When my ASV went I bolted in a Pierburg replacement (same make as the Genuine item removed) , replaced the fan fuse and the EML light went out.

Hi Nessy,

Totally get what you’re saying and that’s what I’m wondering if the part being cheap may have an electrical issue or just be crap. Just thought as it was such a basic part would give it a go. Have been looking at alternatives and I can see ‘good’ brands are 200-300 with voucher codes.

Just wondering if it could be anything else like the fuses that could be causing issues before I buy a more expensive unit and try again.

Have found your posts to be the most helpful

Hi Nessy,

Totally get what you’re saying and that’s what I’m wondering if the part being cheap may have an electrical issue or just be ****. Just thought as it was such a basic part would give it a go. Have been looking at alternatives and I can see ‘good’ brands are 200-300 with voucher codes.

Just wondering if it could be anything else like the fuses that could be causing issues before I buy a more expensive unit and try again.

Have found your posts to be the most helpful

NB we checked all fuses since the refit and they have been fine but it’s still showing a continual fault. Which potentially would suggests the unit :(

Ok, lesson learnt I bought a Pierburg part from eurocarparts and it’s on offer again this weekend! So that’s a bonus!

5A26F3AB 26F6 497E A859 F14630C57961

Car is now working fine and the eml is finally out. Now to return faulty cheapo part and wait for the next problem...

Ok, lesson learnt I bought a Pierburg part from eurocarparts and it’s on offer again this weekend! So that’s a bonus!

View attachment 173418

Car is now working fine and the eml is finally out. Now to return faulty cheapo part and wait for the next problem...

Glad to hear you’ve got it sorted!
It’s a very annoying part to have to replace though as the car drove perfectly well with the duff ASV (I’m sure mine failed in the open position ) ; only the EML being on and the fault code gave the game away....
A lot of money just to extinguish a dash light......

Reactions: Nellie❤️8L
Glad to hear you’ve got it sorted!
It’s a very annoying part to have to replace though as the car drove perfectly well with the duff ASV (I’m sure mine failed in the open position ) ; only the EML being on and the fault code gave the game away....
A lot of money just to extinguish a dash light......
Cheers Nessy,

Agreed, a lot of money to get rid of a sodding engine light but I commute 3hrs a day and i don’t like the idea that something else could go wrong and I would be oblivious as the light was already on. Also my OCD was struggling with it too lol

Thanks again for your advice