Accident managment company?

Miss Cat

Reaction score
Hi all...

Was feeling all happy with my dynamik tfsi after the oil consumption issue was sorted out recently but yesterday some dappy cow with her evoque went straight into the back off me in stationary traffic ;*{ the whole bumper needs replacing along with the sensors @-@

I was about to go through esure with the claim but was speaking to audi Solihull about the parts and they put me through to they approved accident management company called easidrive?? They said they will use a approved listers audi bodyshop whereas esure have told me they will go through autorestore? Sounds like some generic bodyshop....

Anyone used easidrive before or any other accident management company? I always thought u had to go through your own insurance company but this does not seem to be the case now...

Any comments or opinions on this matter?

Love Miss Cat xxx

Typical isn't it. Get your car back, it's running great and that happens!! Least it wasn't written off!
I would speak to your insurance company further. Has the other party admitted liability to you & your insurer? If so you can request Audi to complete the repairs. Not had experience myself with Audi but I would try and use the main dealer network. Least it will be an approved repair that will be also stamped in the service book..

You do not need to use the insurance companies approved insurer, you can have the car repaired at a place of your choosing, choosing Audi does not guarantee a good job tbh. If you know or trust a particular place then you can use them...... Don't let the insurance company dictate to you

She has admitted full liability to me but not yet to esure nor audi for the time being. She wanted to have the job all done privately but costs amounted to nearly 6k inc her car so she couldn't afford it and we are now going through a claim...what a ball ache :(

Miss cat xxx

I did as Mike J suggests when I (Passat B5) was rammed by the guy behind me while waiting in a traffic queue. I've scraped my S4 and while looking up VAG UK Audi approved body shops, my local one would prefer I only talked to them and they would do all the rest, in my case I'm taking the hit and paying for the repair. Using the same body shop as I did with the Passat, my insurance company or my add-on legal cover organised a replacement car from these scammers that charge you nothing if the other party pays up for the hire car within I think, 6 months, if they squeak out of paying for the hire car, I would get hit with something like £85 a day for the car hire - nice work if you can get it.

Remember, if you go ahead and insist with using your choice of body shop before the other party have confirmed to your insurance that they are paying, you will not get a free hire car, if your insurance includes that.

I used an accident mgt company before when not at fault, they did the lot for me at the garage I wanted, got a decent hire car and sorted out a solicitor for me due to whiplash and damaged knee.
They have to be not at fault though

I went through an accident management company in identical circumstances last December with my S4. Third party admitted liability, the whole thing was completely hassle free and it meant I got free choice of body shop. All good!

Thanks jaygemson

Can I assume the repair and car hire will not be approved by the accident management company until the third party insurers confirm they admit full liability? I read horror stories where people are getting stung by high car hire fees as the third party have not agreed to the reimbursement of these

Miss Cat xxx

My hire car was supplied by the body shop, but my car didn't get booked into the body shop until all of the repair estimates had been approved (including the hire car) which admittedly took a week or so, but no real drama.

Give Accident Exchange a call. They've handled two non fault accidents for me and I couldn't be happier. I chose a bodyshop I was happy with, got the hire car I wanted and had my car repaired the way I wanted.

Thanks jaygemson

Can I assume the repair and car hire will not be approved by the accident management company until the third party insurers confirm they admit full liability? I read horror stories where people are getting stung by high car hire fees as the third party have not agreed to the reimbursement of these

Miss Cat xxx
Yes, make sure you get that confirmed

I am now going through the third parties insurance directly as their policyholder has admitted fault so they will cover all costs...

First thing is they refered me to a garage that I have never heard of...Wrightons bodyshop based in redditch...they mainly deal with classic cars..my question is can i reject their bodyshop choice and request to have a audi approved garage do it?

Secondly they have put me through to their solicitors as I am experiencing neck aches and my left leg has been hurting on and off since the accident...anyone claimed for personal injuries before?? I am little worried at what I'm doing as there t&c seem really crazy...for e.g. They charge £400 an hour for labour fees ... Thats crazy....my legal cover should cover any mishaps right???

Sorry all...i just get worried at the slightest things.... @.@

Any help is welcomed

Miss Cat xxx

I would personally stop it via their insurers and go through a company if they've admitted fault. Get appointed a solicitor, choose your garage, get a decent hire car etc.
I got whiplash and a painful knee after my crash a few years back. As standard they offered a £1,000 payment, but I asked to see the Dr they appointed and after his report I got about £3.5k, so if truly injured stick to your guns

In essence go through a AMC and make sure the job gets done?

Im reading somewhere that my audi paint warranty will be void if i dont go to a audi approved body shop?

Miss Cat xxx

Reactions: razza1